PDA

View Full Version : How Long Did It Take You To Become Profitable?

Pages : [1] 2

alaabonnos17
09-01-2010, 07:17 PM
How long did it take you to become profitable ?

i ask every beginner about the time that he will take to be a good forex trader

i see that to be " my " good trader and can make profit 1 year

in one year from reading and learning and practicing i see it is enough

what you see ?

TELL ME

kanelove
09-02-2010, 01:26 AM
Learn anything in need of the time but needs to be exercised Forex most of the time The more your practice of this method until you learn all that is new on your own
But continue to be taught to read and if I lived a lifetime in the study of Forex will not learn something like this, but

omar
09-02-2010, 01:57 AM
After 1 year of Trading in some form or another, I would like to state the following:
My name is omar & I Trade.
I know that I should be Consistant by now but I just can't seem to get it to 95% at least Winning Trades.
As a matter of fact, I feel I'm on a Hot Run if 70% of my Trades are profitable.
1 Year in & still have to suck on a loooser occasionaly but that's ok, I'm starting to get the hang of this

nowhy
09-02-2010, 04:45 AM
thanks for asking ,,
In response to your question
i thought that make profit from forex will take too much time for learn , Practice and work
but we must have the power to complete this step
>>>

brokendremz
09-07-2010, 02:36 PM
since im just a beginner on this kind of business its been a big help for me to read all the tips and instruction before i make a big step and doing for trading. its been nice to read all the information about how to trade and make a trade. now im starting to learn more and hopefully i would be successful on this kind of industry that i enter.

jackie
10-02-2010, 10:16 AM
it takes many days and experience if you want to become a profitable in forex. you should be starting on the first funds that you are going to fund your account with a very small amount. you should try by minimum and if they would pay you after the end of your programs funds. then on that case you should double your profits for you to earn more by time comes. it takes how many days and months for you to reach in profits.

tprhzm2009
10-08-2010, 01:42 PM
It depends. As far as I know some traders take more than several years to be good traders.forex is not a easy program which you can earn money from it easilly . It requires your hard work. In my opinion, there are many ways for us to learn something about forex, but I think it is a good way for us to make friends who are good traders, I feel it is more efficient to get guide from them, and they will help you become a professional traders quickly.

bringpeace
10-08-2010, 04:04 PM
i get my first profit from fore when i trading in 3 month ago. i only get $4. after that i never get anything again and today i get $145 from forex. i very like trading if get good profit, Now i must learn again and make my trading skill more better to get more profit. I must know better the pairs again so i can prediction whre the market will go. Today i get profit because i get good signal from gbp/usd, i see in the news UK will inflation and i see using indicator, the pairs will up, so i make order buy and get good amount

notaniceman
10-09-2010, 04:23 AM
Since I am a trader by profession from other markets, it was not difficult to profit from almost the word go in forex trading. for me it was easy to understand every aspect of it. I am profitable, that does not mean I dont encounter losses. I do. many times. sometimes during the day I have a couple of losing trades and I make up all those in one single trade and go into profit.
Every trade is a lesson and lots of new things I come across. I use these forums to learn new things, and try out them with the demo account. so far I am sticking to my own personal strategy as it is very simple method I had been following for over a decade from trading in other markets.

Destruction
10-09-2010, 04:31 AM
for myself i learned the forex and its analysis and Strategies and picking one of them in 3 weeks i think because it was so old,and practiced on Demo account for 1 month and half,and well to be clear i burned about 15.000 USD on the Demo accounts because it wasn't easy at beginning but after that i knew my mistakes and corrected them all and after that i made about 25.000 USD profits and at the end i decided to start real trading,of course i was afraid but i did it and made some profits with some loses too and u have to know
you will never make profits without loses so for the Thread starter you need to be sure about that, no one will make profits always even if he learned the forex for over than 1 year, everything has its Negatives and its Positives
Regards

notaniceman
10-09-2010, 05:15 AM
Making profits immediately after starting trading should not be the concern of the trader. he must see to that he does things in the right way. entering wrecklessly at the top of the market could definitely result in loss or emotional tension. one must learn to take both profit and loss in good spirit and learn from each trade. profits must be the aim, but once in a while when there is a loss staring at us, we must learn to cut it when it is very bearable one. preserving capital and staying in profession must be on high priority for all traders.

crazym88
10-09-2010, 05:38 AM

what you see ?

TELL ME

my advice to you is to start reading and learn to get more expereince i think it is first step to be profitable and it depend on the person himself ..one person can make it in one year and other can make it in less second step:put your own strategy that help you to earn good money and i hope if you can adjust it depending on current events .
third step:trade in small amountof money because this will help you to avoid loss

Destruction
10-09-2010, 05:46 AM
@crazym88
with my respect i disagree with you
because no one can learn forex easily and fast as u said
strategies based on knowledge and experience so just depend on the recommended strategies until you get the level of trader who can make his own strategy
and trading in small amount is not so good idea its leverage because if u know what you are doing then for sure you will get what u need and u can achieve your goal,better trade at leverage money so getting profits or loses wont be bad because its leverage but trading at small money won't get you profits as much as it will make loses much more !

djai
10-09-2010, 04:48 PM
some traders will start making a profit from day one and some of them will take a few months or a year to become profitable. but the traders who can make a profit consistently are the ones who are called profitable. according to me it will take about a year of hard work and alot of learning with hours of live experience to become a successfully traded. it can be sooner than that as well, but it all depends on the amount of hard work you put in.

bringpeace
10-10-2010, 03:03 AM
@djai
you right friend, we can called profitable if get consistent profit, maybe some people get big profit because they lucky but next time they trading they can't get profit and only get loss. to become prifitable i think i need about 6 month ago. until now i only get profit but rare, i can't get it everyday but i hope i can get consitent profit less than 6 month. NOw i understand why i sometimes fail in forex, i fail because my mind didn't fresh, if my mind fresh i can make good prediction and off course i will get profit if i make order based on my prediction. so if i trading i must get fresh mind or i trading when my mind fresh. I know about that because i trading yesterday. If you only get profit sometimes and didn't consistent, try what make you fail, correct it and try again. hope you will get consistent profit

Destruction
10-10-2010, 05:05 AM
@bringpeace
i agree with you that predicting is an important part of trading but please be aware of relying all the time on just predicting the currency movements,because most of the time it doesn't work,and with analysis and your trusted and tested strategies which you used before those 2 elements would help you much more than the prediction and your knowledge plays an important part too for your successful way on trading !

tprhzm2009
10-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Many traders focus on how to quickly earn money from forex, but few traders can attrach importance to improve their own capability. In my opinion, only when you pay more attention to learn the relevent knowledge about forex ,can you earn quick money from forex. as beginners, they should stress the importance of improving their own capability firstly.

djai
10-10-2010, 03:07 PM
@djai
you right friend, we can called profitable if get consistent profit, maybe some people get big profit because they lucky but next time they trading they can't get profit and only get loss. to become prifitable i think i need about 6 month ago. until now i only get profit but rare, i can't get it everyday but i hope i can get consitent profit less than 6 month. NOw i understand why i sometimes fail in forex, i fail because my mind didn't fresh, if my mind fresh i can make good prediction and off course i will get profit if i make order based on my prediction. so if i trading i must get fresh mind or i trading when my mind fresh. I know about that because i trading yesterday. If you only get profit sometimes and didn't consistent, try what make you fail, correct it and try again. hope you will get consistent profit

i agree with you, having a fresh mind while trading is highly important. because if the mind is blocked then we can't make proper calls on our trades and we get impatient, which in turn leads to losses. i generally go for a walk or sleep for some time to freshen up the mind or listen to some music.
i will not recommend watching tv, it just makes the mind more tired.

murali603
10-11-2010, 10:30 PM
@djai

There will be no consistent profit even we are well experienced if we chage startegies according to the market or situation then we might get some consistent profit. If we already in loss then its better if we continue the trade for longterm then we can avoid loss if we follow the old startegy and if we sold then we will get some loss. Experience give some different kind of thinking but it don't give consistent profit for any one. Experience people can have so many alternatives thats the difference

tprhzm2009
10-12-2010, 07:35 AM
@mura
Yes, I agree with you that there is no consistent profit even though you are professional traders. cause you know, forex is a fluctuating market, there are many factors which influence the movement of forex,No one can correctly predict the trend of forex all time. why some traders can earn money from forex? It donesn't mean they make right decision all time, the right decision they make is more than mistake decision they make.

ceejaye
10-12-2010, 11:52 AM
@tprhzm2009
Forex is too volatile and it will be impossible to be making constant profits in all your trades in forex. No matter your level of experience or skill in trading forex, you must loose in one trade or the other. The way most proffessional forex traders make money is they adopt so many strategies which they made over time. They manage the risks in forex to the bearest minimum and know how best the make general profits in forex.

brokendremz
10-12-2010, 02:34 PM
@ceejaye
if you want to have a constant profits in your trades. you better look for a good system or broker that would help your financial state freedom. it is also advisable that if we lose some better yet charge it to our experience and try to correct it. because every trader in the forex market experienced also a lose of profits during their trades. we should be also open to all strategies that experienced traders have been given to us.

djai
10-12-2010, 06:25 PM
@brokendremz i will like to add, that when we find a system that seems good and profitable. then we should study it hard and try and find information about all the indicators used in the system. why is a certain indicator used and what can it show us. 80% of the time traders don't follow the rules of the system and then they lose their capital. after that they call the system non profitable. so stick to the rules :)

ktiagawa
10-12-2010, 06:54 PM
If me, time that I needed to take to become profitable in my account, when I can make daily profit with consistent amount for about at least a month. If I can do that, so that's the prove if I am ready to trade with Forex, maybe used this field as primary jobs.

bringpeace
10-13-2010, 12:29 AM
@ktiagawa
to become profitable trader is very difficult for me, you right, we not only get one times profit but we get consistent profit from forex, i little get problem if ent get consistent profit because until now i only get one time and other time i will get loss. i don't know how i must do again. i must increase my trading skill to become profitable, so until now i reduce my time to trading in forex and i more spent my time to learn in forex. i hope i will get good amount with do that. IN fore sometimes i get bored because i get loss and i don't know how to do that. maybe next time i will vacum or never trading but i still learn to become good trader

tprhzm2009
10-13-2010, 02:40 AM
@bring
I think to become profitable trader is not only difficult for you but also for most of traders.some traders spend more than 1 year to become a profitable trader, so I think it is a process of learning, it requires your efforts, so be patient, and try to learn the basic knowledge about forex, on the other hand , you have to analyze your trading everytime and learn something from your trading, I think you will get consistent profit in the near future.

wahyuronaldo
10-13-2010, 06:06 AM
Old problem of whether or not we can succeed and make profits in forex trading depends on each one of us, if we are able to quickly learn definitely within one to two weeks is enough for us to understand the market and can benefit a continuous , but there is also a need for a long time because we are less able to understand the market properly.

ceejaye
10-13-2010, 06:55 AM
@wahyuronaldo
Learning forex in one week will not make you trade like a proffessional. You can learn the basic of forex in one week even in few days. Developing skills in trading the forex market takes alot of time to master. You must have experienced alot of losses before you can develop your own trading systems which you use for trading.
Before becoming a master forex trader, you must have read so many forex books and tutorials to have a wide knowledge of the field. It can't be done in one or two weeks.

venus
10-13-2010, 10:26 AM
@ceejaye
Off course pal, there will be any jobs that can be professional with one week training. It's important to learn and practice day by day and make it as habit to know the characteristic each pair. We won't know the characteristic each pair in a week right? It's impossible to know whole about Forex in a week too. As I knew, if we wanted to be professional trader at least we must have experiences about a year in Forex.

salaheldinsamir
10-16-2010, 09:59 PM
True win and take the experience to win the needed time, but can not determine the time, because this depends on the ability of each person on the absorption and the skill of learning and speed of acquisition may people learn in a month and probably also someone who needs years in order to learn well and be able to ignore the mistakes and make a profit real

murali603
10-17-2010, 02:25 PM
True win and take the experience to win the needed time, but can not determine the time, because this depends on the ability of each person on the absorption and the skill of learning and speed of acquisition may people learn in a month and probably also someone who needs years in order to learn well and be able to ignore the mistakes and make a profit real

Absolutely right. Its different from person to person. I am not that much of perfect even i am learning from last 5 months because i am not spending much time in learning. If i am spending some good time then i can learn quickly and also perfectly. But practice is also important when we are learning. I am practicing well on demo account and Discussion over here helping me a lot to improve startegies

ktiagawa
10-17-2010, 05:54 PM
I don't know the exactly answer because I think it's really custom, depend on each trader's knowledge, each trader time to spend to learn forex and how much their passion to use Forex as their jobs. Oh one more things, how many times each day they practice in Forex will make differences too although we need a luck too sometimes. As my knowledge, if we can survive in a year, that means we can survive in the rest of years. Usually as I knew, we need about 2-3 years at least to make our account profitable constantly.

tprhzm2009
10-18-2010, 05:03 AM
I don't know the exactly answer because I think it's really custom, depend on each trader's knowledge, each trader time to spend to learn forex and how much their passion to use Forex as their jobs. Oh one more things, how many times each day they practice in Forex will make differences too although we need a luck too sometimes. As my knowledge, if we can survive in a year, that means we can survive in the rest of years. Usually as I knew, we need about 2-3 years at least to make our account profitable constantly.

Yes, it really depends. cause you know, different traders has different level knowlwdge about forex, I think if you have basic knowledge about forex, maybe it will only take a short priod of time for you become aprofitable, but if you have no nothing about forex, I think ,usually , it will take a long time for you to become profitable.some traders even take more several years to become profitable, It requires your efforts.

florin2010
10-18-2010, 05:12 AM
I simply have no idea about trading in a professional way because verybody gets bored of beginners.
I just admit that Forex means for some a great opportunity and for ohers such as me a far away dream

I would like to discover Forex trading tips and secrets the way Alice discovered Wonderland:-)

I wish some day I could laugh on my today's experience.
Good luck to all traders and have a great day!

murali603
10-18-2010, 01:32 PM
Yes, it really depends. cause you know, different traders has different level knowlwdge about forex, I think if you have basic knowledge about forex, maybe it will only take a short priod of time for you become aprofitable, but if you have no nothing about forex, I think ,usually , it will take a long time for you to become profitable.some traders even take more several years to become profitable, It requires your efforts.

I think one get some basic knowledge when they go through the babypips site then hardly it will take less than a weak then people need to participate in discussion like here to get some more knowledge. After this peopel need to practice on Demo account and should try different strategies like scalping. After that its better to start tarding with some less amount even we get some less profit its better to have less investment. Need to increase the invest amount slowly

mark14327
10-18-2010, 05:43 PM
I think it depends in the skill of traders if a trader have good prediction and good investment i think he can get profit in 3 to 4 hours of Trading, In Trading as long as you predict what happend in market you can get a good profit but if you have lack of knowledge and you don't analysis the market i think instead of getting some profit you will get fail and get some loses.

sirwilly
10-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Well, it comes down to one's knowledge-base. If one has all the requisite knowledge of Forex, then that trader can make profits on his very first trading debut. However, since most traders will typically still be amateus when they begin real trading, profits may elude them for a period of time, but one quickly learns of how to avoid losses based on practical experience. No one has to teach the trader these things because every investor is eager to have his funds safe till the end of the trading term.

onlyone1
10-18-2010, 10:17 PM
oh it should takes long time to become profitable , because you have to get practices for long time to be professional then you will find some good ways for profits , so i can tell you that i took long long time to get some real profits from it but at all iam interested by trading forex anyway and it is not problem to lose little money in your first times

sirwilly
10-19-2010, 04:50 AM
Yes, for an average trader it takes quite sometime to become profitable and if the trader isn't patient and determined, they will quit trading before they became profitable. The best strategy to adopt is to learn from whatever errors we make and discuss the possible causes and sonsequences of our losses on forums so that we get extra views on how we can modify our strategy, then we get back and relaunch a new strategy. When we keep learning like this, there will be a greater chance of succeeding sooner.

murali603
10-19-2010, 10:37 AM
Yes, for an average trader it takes quite sometime to become profitable and if the trader isn't patient and determined, they will quit trading before they became profitable. The best strategy to adopt is to learn from whatever errors we make and discuss the possible causes and sonsequences of our losses on forums so that we get extra views on how we can modify our strategy, then we get back and relaunch a new strategy. When we keep learning like this, there will be a greater chance of succeeding sooner.

ya i agree if we have some good patience and also some will to be come profitable in forex then it takes some time we need to wait and need to all effeorts to achieve that, i saw maximum new people will come with some capital and they will start tarding with some half knowledge, they will trade till they get some profits once they got some loss then they are trying to avoid the trading than finding what mistakes they have done to get avoid that loss

djai
10-19-2010, 12:40 PM

patience is the key in the this industry, if we want to then we can become a profitable trader, we just need to gain knowledge and be patient for that knowledge to turn into profits. we shouldn't get frustrated with our losses and mistakes, but we should find out how to fix the errors and to profit from the trade the plan.

tprhzm2009
10-19-2010, 12:54 PM
ya i agree if we have some good patience and also some will to be come profitable in forex then it takes some time we need to wait and need to all effeorts to achieve that, i saw maximum new people will come with some capital and they will start tarding with some half knowledge, they will trade till they get some profits once they got some loss then they are trying to avoid the trading than finding what mistakes they have done to get avoid that loss

In my opinion, when you have good commond of forex knowledge, you will be patient, because you know when is the best time to trade. of course , it requires your efforts. some traders who don't know whatis the best time to trade, so when the forex market go up or go down , they have v to trade, because they lack of knowledge to analyze the market.they just trade by their feeling.

murali603
10-19-2010, 01:30 PM
In my opinion, when you have good commond of forex knowledge, you will be patient, because you know when is the best time to trade. of course , it requires your efforts. some traders who don't know whatis the best time to trade, so when the forex market go up or go down , they have v to trade, because they lack of knowledge to analyze the market.they just trade by their feeling.

I think mornings are best than any time we can observe some good changes when the market open and the senario will change in few minuites, so i prefer to to scalping when i market opens. When we trade at opening time then there are some good advantages market maximum opens with some positive value than the yesterday value even it opens with some negative value then it will become positive in few minuites i observed this so many times

ktiagawa
10-19-2010, 02:11 PM
@murali
Oh really??? So far, I never trade in the morning when the market is opening. I read that is too risky if we trade when the market is just opening because the price is not stable and it will move volatile, so if we didn't analyze well, we will suffer high losses in few minutes. Is that true friend? Please tell me about your experiences when you trade in the morning, is it easy to do or we need to practice first?

djai
10-19-2010, 05:44 PM
@murali
Oh really??? So far, I never trade in the morning when the market is opening. I read that is too risky if we trade when the market is just opening because the price is not stable and it will move volatile, so if we didn't analyze well, we will suffer high losses in few minutes. Is that true friend? Please tell me about your experiences when you trade in the morning, is it easy to do or we need to practice first?

the forex markets are open 24hrs, so one or the other markets will open at any given time. it depends on the session you are trading, usually traders like to trade volatile markets, because it gives them the chance to make quick profits. but some traders like to trade on less volatile markets and hold trades for a longer period of time.
it really depends on the type of trader you are.

ktiagawa
10-20-2010, 06:49 AM
@djai :
Yes, maybe you're right. It was really variative among each trader, but we can predict when is the session which is right time to do scalping, when is the right time to do trending method right? I think in the morning wasn't stable but if that's good condition for several traders, I don't know how to get advantages in that. Anyway, do you like to trade when the market is opening friend?

sirwilly
10-20-2010, 06:53 AM
patience is the key in the this industry, if we want to then we can become a profitable trader, we just need to gain knowledge and be patient for that knowledge to turn into profits. we shouldn't get frustrated with our losses and mistakes, but we should find out how to fix the errors and to profit from the trade the plan.

I agree with you, djai. Forex is not about quick or easy money. When experts make money, it does appear easy because outwardly, there doesn't appear to be much input, but all the calculative reasoning that goes into the trading is what makes it profitable. So, traders need to make patient analyses and completely avoid making trade decisions because they have a good feeling about it or basing trading on instincts.

ktiagawa
10-20-2010, 07:24 AM
@sirwilly :
Yeah, patient here for me means we must wait when is the right time to open and close position. When is the right time to use one method and when is the right time to use another method. When is the right time to start trading and when is the right time to stop trading. I am agree with your statement that forex is not an easy quick money but it can be easy to earn money when we have good analysis, dicipline, money management and psychology. As in another job, we need to practice and we must patient to face each process :D

sirwilly
10-20-2010, 07:41 AM
I agree with you that in Forex the keyword is proper timing. That is the difference between the expert and the loser. But determining the proper time to open or close trade positions is the big question and that is why we have to have predictions already and get Forex signals so to see what to expect of our pairs. When we are armed with knowledge already, then there is less room for error and then it is likelier that we will profit from the markets, rather than end up feeding the markets with our balance.

tprhzm2009
10-20-2010, 09:14 AM
I agree with you that in Forex the keyword is proper timing. That is the difference between the expert and the loser. But determining the proper time to open or close trade positions is the big question and that is why we have to have predictions already and get Forex signals so to see what to expect of our pairs. When we are armed with knowledge already, then there is less room for error and then it is likelier that we will profit from the markets, rather than end up feeding the markets with our balance.

This right, choosing the proper time to trade is very important in forex , but now question is when is the best time to trade, it is hard for us to answer this question, but here I have three points want to emphasize. Firstly, you should try to learn the basic knowledge about forex, try to accumulate experience before you sart trading. Secondly, You should learn how to use strategies and how to analyze the market in forex.Lastly, you should know to control your emotion,greed and how to overcome your fear.

djai
10-20-2010, 01:13 PM
@djai :
Yes, maybe you're right. It was really variative among each trader, but we can predict when is the session which is right time to do scalping, when is the right time to do trending method right? I think in the morning wasn't stable but if that's good condition for several traders, I don't know how to get advantages in that. Anyway, do you like to trade when the market is opening friend?

yes you can predict to some extent, but both of he methods require good movements. if you trade long term then you will looking to enter or exit in high volatility times, because you will be able to get the right price.as for scalping, i used to scalp and that was in the euro session, or sometimes the asian session.

I agree with you, djai. Forex is not about quick or easy money. When experts make money, it does appear easy because outwardly, there doesn't appear to be much input, but all the calculative reasoning that goes into the trading is what makes it profitable. So, traders need to make patient analyses and completely avoid making trade decisions because they have a good feeling about it or basing trading on instincts.

yes trades are not about gut instincts or the basis of good feeling, it is about a strong analysis of the pair and alot of research behind it. thats when we make a good profit.

rashahana
10-20-2010, 07:33 PM
it takes many days and experience if you want to become a profitable in forex. you should be starting on the first funds that you are going to fund your account with a very small amount.
Every trade is a lesson and lots of new things I come across. I use these forums to learn new things, and try out them with the demo account. so far I am sticking to my own personal strategy as it is very simple method I had been following for over a decade from trading in other markets.

murali603
10-21-2010, 02:01 AM
it takes many days and experience if you want to become a profitable in forex. you should be starting on the first funds that you are going to fund your account with a very small amount.

Ya its take many days but we can decrease the number of days by doing some hard work or by practicing a lot. I agree with you in case of starting with some less capital amount thats better for new people because they will do some experiments when they enter into market if they have less amount then nothing will happen even they will do experiments

tprhzm2009
10-21-2010, 02:46 AM
Ya its take many days but we can decrease the number of days by doing some hard work or by practicing a lot. I agree with you in case of starting with some less capital amount thats better for new people because they will do some experiments when they enter into market if they have less amount then nothing will happen even they will do experiments

Yes, you are right. I think we can decrease the number of days we trade in demo account by doing hard work and more practice. For beginner, I think there are many ways for them to minimize the risk when they start trading in real account. firstly, they can try to find brokers which is reliable and also provide bonus for members, this mean there is no need for us to invest extra money in forex but we can start trading. secondly, we can choose brokers which have low minimum deposit, of course , we should know how to better use leverage to minimize the risk in forex trading.

murali603
10-21-2010, 03:11 AM
Bonus is now common in all site but we need to look at facilities that we need some good coustmer support inorder to tarde freely without any problems. Now all brokers have some low minimum deposit. But if we do practive well in demo then we can rectify maximum of our mistakes, its better to go for demo account whenever we got some doubt regarding some strategy whether it will work out or not, we can test it over there

bringpeace
10-21-2010, 03:47 AM
Yes, you are right. I think we can decrease the number of days we trade in demo account by doing hard work and more practice. For beginner, I think there are many ways for them to minimize the risk when they start trading in real account. firstly, they can try to find brokers which is reliable and also provide bonus for members, this mean there is no need for us to invest extra money in forex but we can start trading. secondly, we can choose brokers which have low minimum deposit, of course , we should know how to better use leverage to minimize the risk in forex trading.

i think try in demo not good because only wasting my time. i have diffrent situation between demo and real account, so why we need trading in demo account..To minimize risk i think we only need increase our knowedge and exerience in forex. maybe we can use small lot and use lo leverage. But if we still didn't have good skill in forex we will get loss and still get big risk when we make order. If we have good skill or knowledge we didn't have big risk when we traing although we use big lot and high leverage

venus
10-21-2010, 04:59 AM
@tprhzm
Yes, I think you're right. As long as we are ready to trade in real account, it's okay to move from demo account to real account. So that's all based on each trader, but for generally practice in demo account should be more than a month, at least a month. About Forex Broker, I think that's the most important to choose trusted Forex Broker. It was because if we have traded well but the broker is not honest, we can't get profits too right? It's useless to spend time in bad broker.

murali603
10-24-2010, 09:06 AM
i think try in demo not good because only wasting my time. i have diffrent situation between demo and real account, so why we need trading in demo account..To minimize risk i think we only need increase our knowedge and exerience in forex. maybe we can use small lot and use lo leverage. But if we still didn't have good skill in forex we will get loss and still get big risk when we make order. If we have good skill or knowledge we didn't have big risk when we traing although we use big lot and high leverage

I think its better to waste some time than loosing money in real account trading. To minimize risk we need to have some trails in demo account so that we don't repeat the situation when we got some loss in demo account, it will save some money if we really try that lost trade in real account we will get definitely some loss, we saved some amount because of demo trails

sirwilly
10-24-2010, 09:34 AM
@ murali:
You are not planning to invest a million dollars! For the beginneer using a real account, there are a couple of strategies that have to be put in place such as using a small deposit (UWCFX has a Lite account with a minimum deposit of $10) and then using a mini or micro lot size. These strategies will potentially reduce the risks associated with trading. In addition, the beginner gets to learn emotion control and integrate it into his daily trading.

salaheldinsamir
10-24-2010, 12:45 PM
True it takes time and this feature of the most important features of learning and is the time but it's input for the year exactly it needs to be more, but during the year we have to rely on trading small that we can take them the necessary experience to realize it, which is not our incurring huge losses and the subject of learning itself needs to be frequent practice in this area and draw on the expertise of former so that we can control at this stage and benefit from the maximum benefit

ktiagawa
10-25-2010, 08:09 AM
@sirwilly
I think if we used $10, that's too small for beginner to start with that amount except he/she wanted to learn about Money Management. I don't know is it right or not but my feeling it's too hard for beginner to survive with that small amount. It needed strict Money Management and also it needs good psychology too. I think if beginner can survive with that small amount of capital for a month, he/she can survive with higher amount of capital and ready for trading with real account.

johnnychengj
10-25-2010, 10:56 AM
To be honest, learing and understnad the conecpts and mastering the skills take longer than you might think. It depends on how you trade and how often you trade to become profitable. Becuase it is hard to predict in forex, there will be loss and gains very frequently. There may be no gain at all for one month or even a year but thts just the nature.

mou3ad15
02-02-2011, 07:11 PM
I think that we need atlast 8 months to learn enough basics , and about 2 months of training before we start a rial Trading , so i think about 1 year like you said

alaaadel
02-02-2011, 07:46 PM
the time is Different from one to one some one start profit from 6moths or 9 months .i start gain from forex from 10 months . when i learn Hard you start the profit early please do not Rush. if you rush you will lose you money

nahiyar
02-02-2011, 07:50 PM
I think that we need atlast 8 months to learn enough basics , and about 2 months of training before we start a rial Trading , so i think about 1 year like you said

I completely agree with you.Making profit is not easy for a newbie who does not know any thing about forex before entering in it.It will take you even more than 1 year if you did not pick up the strategies,basic rules and knowledge of trading in your mind.I have been doing forex trading for almost 6 months but still I am using the demo account and I am afraid that if I invested real money so I will loose it because I am not so much expert in it...

dmambi
02-03-2011, 04:11 PM
I am trading real account since from last 3 months and now i am in my 4th month. Now i cannot say i am in profit actually, but i am slowly recovering from my early losses. In the beginning i lost much money in the big 2 to 3 orders. Actually as per my analysis i got some good profit of around $15 in last month only. In this month till now i have made a profit of around $1.5 and i am happy with it now. so it needs lot of patience and dedication to make profit in our forex trading. without proper money management it is very hard to make money here. i hope people will understand this and stick to the forex trading to make profit in coming days.

silenteyes
02-03-2011, 06:10 PM
I am trading real account since from last 3 months and now i am in my 4th month. Now i cannot say i am in profit actually, but i am slowly recovering from my early losses. In the beginning i lost much money in the big 2 to 3 orders. Actually as per my analysis i got some good profit of around $15 in last month only. In this month till now i have made a profit of around $1.5 and i am happy with it now. so it needs lot of patience and dedication to make profit in our forex trading. without proper money management it is very hard to make money here. i hope people will understand this and stick to the forex trading to make profit in coming days.

At least you are moving into the positive region and profit will start to come with the time. Your dedication and determination is the key to your success. If you would have give up in your early days then you will not be able to move in the profit region and will be regretting your decision of going for forex. Now you will be happy in future days when you will be making good profits and I do hope so that you will do it. You must not leave practice in order to get you strategy and plan going in right way.

golden
02-04-2011, 01:33 PM
I became profitable in forex after trading for a few months. At the start, it is usually hard and confusing in fore and i nearly gave up hope that some day i will be consistent. I was forced to use free signals to trade. This actually brought me profits but i was not satisfied because i always wanted to trade on my own since forex signal sites can still close one day and i will become devastated. Patience is very important in forex trading, without it, many will quit before they become profitable.

dikshyag
02-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Well for me it took almost about a month to get my first profit. In the initial days of my trading, i used to trade in demo for few months. I trade for almost 2 moths in the demo. And then after two months, i went with the real trading. Its quite difficult to make the profit in the initial days of the trading. It will definitely take some time to make the profit. Even the people who have make a good profit in the demo aren't able to make a good profit because of their attitude. In real trade they get afraid and couldn't concentrate. Even some people get into the greed as its the matter of the real money in the real trade. So i think making profit in the beginning days are quite difficult. But once you are used to with the trading, then making few pips won't be a big deal.

elaine2010
02-06-2011, 02:49 PM
I have traded in forex market for more than 3 months, but I haven't got profit up to now, I think it is a matter of time, I believe that I will have ability to make profit in the near future. When I just traded in demo account, I found it is easy for me to make profit, I just thought that forex trading is easy and I can make good profit from forex market as soon as possibe, but I was wrong when I start forex trading in real account, there is no emotion involved in demo account, so it is easy for most of traders to make profit from it, but when it comes to real account, it is totally different, traders tend to be more careful because real money involved, and emotion play an very important role in forex trading.

chuna1985
02-07-2011, 07:58 AM
@ elaine : It is really a bad news that you have traded forex for the past three months with no profits to boast with. It is too bad. My advice to you is to quit trading temporarily for now and go back to the drawing board and track down what your reasons for failure are. You can still redo the demo for sometime and then you can make a come back. In forex, since it is real money that is being lost, you should quit whenever you notice that you are no longer profiting from forex trading.

unreferred
02-07-2011, 09:01 AM
it took me almost three months to gain my first profit in trading but its quite low and it never even reached the 10% of what i have lost in my previous trades, but at least i manage to win my first trade. during that time i was so happy because all my efforts for 3 months in studying forex and demo trading paid off. but after that i continue my routine in studying forex even more to prove that I'm really gaining knowledge about trading, and that first win was not a mere luck. for all those who want to enter forex, all you have to do is to study trading seriously, exert a lot of effort and patience in trading and i will assure you that all those sacrifices will lead to success in trading.

rickky01
02-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Concerning the question of what it takes to make profit from trade, it varies in alot. For a new starter, that have a little knowledge or no knowledge it will take some time for trader to be able to make profit because the knowledge require for the market is not there, even for the most professional trader cannot boast of making profit week-in week-out because the market is not stable and one has to continue learning as to be able to make more profit. From me here, i think it can take virtually, close to a year before a starter can be able to make profit and with adequate update in knowledge of the market, otherwise it can take the new traders more year{s} to be able to make profit from trading.

dmambi
02-07-2011, 01:48 PM
@ elaine : It is really a bad news that you have traded forex for the past three months with no profits to boast with. It is too bad. My advice to you is to quit trading temporarily for now and go back to the drawing board and track down what your reasons for failure are. You can still redo the demo for sometime and then you can make a come back. In forex, since it is real money that is being lost, you should quit whenever you notice that you are no longer profiting from forex trading.
For the beginner it is not much important as to how much he makes profit in the first 6 months trading. Instead it is more important that how he protects his capital and still do trading without loosing much. within 6 months one starts making profit slowly and eventually may become a good trader. so quitting trading is not a solution for less profit. Along with trading one should develop the habit of analysing the orders as and then and take the countermeasures to avoid such mistakes and improve the strategies and money management techniques used.

silenteyes
02-07-2011, 04:04 PM
The first 6 months are really important and will decide your success in the forex world. If you have patience then you may succeed in forex because you will not be earning any profit what so ever. It can easily frustrate you as a trader and you may quite trading. You have said right that if a trader can avoid loss, it will be considered as his profit. You must be focusing on holding your grip on technical and fundamental analysis. In the initial time period, you just have to train yourself in analyzing the market trends and getting used to various tools of trading.

asbin93
02-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Yup you can make good profit through forex but remember its not as easy as peoples thinking. Well lets come in point i think it will be better if you give your time in practicing instead of learning and writing. I think forex is all about skills and handwork and practicing is only the better way for knowing more and more about forex. It would be worthless for any trader to spend their time in learning theoretically instead you can get huge knowledge if you try to learn practically. So i guess it would be better to learn practically rather theoretically as it increases the level of your skills and as well as you can gather more and more knowledge.

gosians
02-10-2011, 05:55 PM
You can become a profitable trader at your first day in trading but it requires a good practice on demo account. Demo account is the most important to learn everything about market. For me i am not a good trader yet because i did not use demo account properly, i just use it only 4 or 5 days so my trading is not so good. To earn profit in forex mostly depends on your skills and knowledge. So i suggest you that if you want to become a good trader just do more practice on demo account. Use strategies in demo account and try to find best one for you.

meamir90
02-11-2011, 05:28 AM
Well, working is forex is not a easy task as people think. You need to lots of stuffs and you need hard work ,determination concentration and patience. Forex trading requires an experience or your practice. I think its better to go with the practice with the demo for few months before going for the real trading.You need to learn the idea about the market analysis, pivot calculations and various indicators. Once you are able to make a good strategy of your self according to the market condition, then it doesn't gonna take time for you to make profit in forex. Well, in my case, i practiced in demo for 2 month in the beginning and then only i wen with real trading. But, in the initial days of real trading, its really very hard because of our emotions and attitudes. Because in demo we don't use our emotions ,attitudes and greed as its about the matter of virtual money. Once we are able to understand these stuffs, we make a profit in forex market.

silenteyes
02-12-2011, 10:06 AM
I think if we have practiced according to strategy and plan it will be easier to trade in real account as well. There will be emotions involved but these can be controlled easily.

Many traders just trade in demo account randomly and there is lack of planing. They may get good knowledge and experience of forex tool but it will be a bit difficult in real account where you have to be organized. You will be able to make good profits in quick time when you have discipline in your trading.

ify79
02-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Frankly speaking,i started making profit from the very first week i started trading,i even made withdrawal from my trading account that same week.That is not to say that i have not encountered loss trades before.In fact,i have had margin call about three times which was due to may ignorance and greediness-breaking the rules of money management principles.Beginner in the house should be informed that there is no short cut to successful trading,success is guaranteed when you give room for hard work and disciplined approach to trading.

golden
02-12-2011, 12:56 PM
You are lucky @ify 79, you made profits from your first trading week, i guess it is because you were well thought and you decided that you will make money from forex and succeed in all your endevours. My own case is differenct, i was even consider quitting forex trading due to the amount of money that i lost at the beginning of my trading days. I was lucky to be the patient type and i said to myself, if other people are profitable in forex, then i will one day be able to do so.

bijaya
03-03-2011, 08:03 AM
Forex is not an easy business. It is very difficult to trade in forex. I have just completed demo account practice and entered in a real trading arena. Its been around 2-3 months that I have been here in real trading.The very first trade that I did resulted as a failure. From there I learnt that my plan was wrong.The reason of loss was I looked for big profit in my very first transaction. Than I got rid of my greediness and used scalping to make short profits. And I succeeded in my 4th transaction I guess. So, it was first time when I became profitable though profit amount wasn't much high.

liyanbing
03-03-2011, 08:24 AM
I think this will rejoice in the person concerned, each person could require different time to let himself in the trading of foreign currency becoming sexless, have the person of experience. Some people are naturally in this line of business sensitive might soon, I a classmate is so in less than a month in forex trading earn much money, but I may need to spend more time to accumulate foreign exchange experience.

pinoycity
03-03-2011, 09:21 AM
This thread is very informative. I am also a newcomer when it comes to forex and this thread highlights the fact that forex trading is not a get-rich-quick investment. Most of those who are already in the real trading suffered losses when they first ventured in the real world of forex trading. Of course, there will be those lucky ones who will earn something in their first trade but this seems to be an exception rather than the rule.

Jaxspa
03-04-2011, 11:25 AM
It depends on your trading journey about you to be profitable. It depends on devotion and determination you put through while you trade in this forex trading. Forex trade need strong and deep focus, knowledge on forex else trading may prove to be expensive on. To be successful, you need to learn how, when and when not to trade. Trade slow with small amount first and when you are confident on your skill then trade with big amounts. Trade under certain strategy and plan. Then only you will able to get profits and it wont take any long for you to be profitable in this forex then.

laughingbuddha
03-08-2011, 07:20 AM
That wasn't an easy task for me to make a profit. It almost took me 3 months to make my first profit . Well its not an easy task to make profit in forex. It requires lots of hard work, practice , knowledge, skill and patience. Still if you have these characters within yourself, it is quite difficult to get a good profit in initial days of trading as emotional feelings, sentiments and fear brings disturbance in our trade repeatedly. Trading experience really determines our profit and success rate. So it isn't easy task to make profit in the beginning. Making of huge target is just worthless. Its better to start with mini account and getting few pips with that.

Suchu
03-09-2011, 07:11 AM
Certainly it will take time to establish yourself in better position to get profitable on day to day basis. Forex trading is high risk trade and only those will be called as successful traders, who trade with calm mind analyzing the market trends and trading in right position. If you go only after the money and trade with wrong decisions, then surely you will lose. So start with low, try your best to analyze the market movements and trade in right time in right way, surely you will gain profits. So if you stick with the plan, then it won't take more time for you to become profitable. So keep on trading, get more experience and then you will be able to become among the successful traders.

nehmer
03-09-2011, 07:28 AM
At first in trading forex I was so profitable to the extent that I traded with a lot of risk and not thinking more on how to manage my money. But as what happened I incur a lost instead in my last days of forex and in one day I love 3/4 of my investments. So about the topic being profitable in forex is very hard to achieve I thought with the months experience only in forex you can earn but that was a wrong for me. Forex needs a lot of time and practice to be able to be profitable here there is no shortcut in forex even now I cannot find the holy grail of trading here.

mohit
03-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Forex trading is very risky and we all know this fact. If a trader commit even a little mistake than also he is bound to face loss. When I traded first I suffered a loss because of wrong prediction of market movement and wrong implementation of plan. I worked on it properly after that. Than I used scalping for next trade. And it proved a lucky charm for me. I made quick profit at my second trade using it. Although the profit was not much high but also I enjoyed it. So, I became profitable in my second trade after suffering a loss in first.

murali603
03-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Forex trading is very risky and we all know this fact. If a trader commit even a little mistake than also he is bound to face loss. When I traded first I suffered a loss because of wrong prediction of market movement and wrong implementation of plan. I worked on it properly after that. Than I used scalping for next trade. And it proved a lucky charm for me. I made quick profit at my second trade using it. Although the profit was not much high but also I enjoyed it. So, I became profitable in my second trade after suffering a loss in first.

When we got profit we will get some confidence on us that we have got some knowledge to predict the market, few days i traded with some big lot on gold and silver i lost all trades and some amount was remained in my account but i thought to stop trading for now and want to save atleats the remained amount but after that i got an idea that don't trade on short term plans to avoid more no of losses, i have one year expereicne but no one is not perefct even they have some years of experience, it might take more than 5-6 years to be perfect

chuna1985
03-14-2011, 08:04 PM
You must not be perfect or profitable when you trade forex for 5 - 6 years, you can become perfect or profitable in less than 3 years. Forex currency trading is not all about the amount of time that we invested into it, it has more to do with dedication and zeal in order to learn fast. Some people naturally learn quickly so for them, they profit in forex trading within the first few days and could even become forex experts within 2 years.

musicbid
03-15-2011, 07:05 AM
Of course it takes time to completely understand Forex trading and make high profit from it. You need to have good knowledge and lots of experience to make very high profits from trading but from the very first trade you can make profits on trading because there are many beginners who start with profit. You need to have better knowledge to make profit which needs time and lots of hard work as well.
Although my first trade did not result into profit but I ensure that you can start making profit from the very first trade and so in no time or may be in very less time you can start making profit.

ahmar2
03-15-2011, 03:29 PM
@chuna:
The profit in forex trading is directly proportional to the amount of time you have been trading for. The longer you have traded the more profitable your trades will become . Only condition is that you are going in the right direction and learning from your mistakes.

5-6 years is a very long time and any below average trader can turn into a full fledged expert in this time period. Al;l you need is hunger for knowledge,some money to continue trading and a bit of luck.

murali603
03-15-2011, 04:06 PM
@chuna:
The profit in forex trading is directly proportional to the amount of time you have been trading for. The longer you have traded the more profitable your trades will become . Only condition is that you are going in the right direction and learning from your mistakes.

5-6 years is a very long time and any below average trader can turn into a full fledged expert in this time period. Al;l you need is hunger for knowledge,some money to continue trading and a bit of luck.

I agree with you, expeerince make the people perfect, For now i completed around 1 year in my forex journey, I am sure that after 3-4 years i will be a good trader meanwhile we see lot of obsatcles and mistake, if we do one mistake then we don't repeat it again.

Thats why we should do as possible as many at starting with some less lot size then we can avoid all when we do with some big capital and lot, thats why i suggest new people to start with some $10 as capital and 0.01 lot as size to rectify all

Lilian Nmeregini
03-15-2011, 11:43 PM
I seem to agree with DESTRUCTION, no one makes profit out of the forex trade without first making losses. It seems to be easier for a trader to learn faster from their errors or mistake. Once the mistake has cost the trader one or two things, then he will develop a counter strategy in order to prevent a future re-occurrence. But as for me, it took me about a week of making a mixture of profits and losses, before I was able to develop a working strategy that has given me an edge to keep making consistent profit. Thus, it depends on the trader in question and the willingness to convert every mistake he makes into an opportunity to learn ways of making profit. Only then, will he be able to start making consistent profits.

samy124
03-16-2011, 12:24 PM
You must not be perfect or profitable when you trade forex for 5 - 6 years, you can become perfect or profitable in less than 3 years. Forex currency trading is not all about the amount of time that we invested into it, it has more to do with dedication and zeal in order to learn fast. Some people naturally learn quickly so for them, they profit in forex trading within the first few days and could even become forex experts within 2 years.

That is true, a trader doesn't need to trade for 5 years before he becomes expirenced and profitable. It is very possible for a trader to become expirenced and profitable within a year or just within few months, it all depends on how fast the trader is learning. A trader who has just spent few months trading can be more profitable in his trades than a trader who has spent years trading. So it depends on hard work and dedication. A forex trader is not supposed to be lazy. With hard work and the zeal to learn, a trader can become very profitable in just few months of practise.

murali603
03-16-2011, 12:34 PM
That is true, a trader doesn't need to trade for 5 years before he becomes expirenced and profitable. It is very possible for a trader to become expirenced and profitable within a year or just within few months, it all depends on how fast the trader is learning. A trader who has just spent few months trading can be more profitable in his trades than a trader who has spent years trading. So it depends on hard work and dedication. A forex trader is not supposed to be lazy. With hard work and the zeal to learn, a trader can become very profitable in just few months of practise.

you are rights its differ from person to person, If we concentrate on forex trading and learning things in forex seriously then it will take hardly some months inorder to get perfect in trading.

if we have some good experience then we will get some good profits from few month only, we should have some good practice in demo for finding some good startegy which suits for us.

One we find the right startegy then our journey towards the profits starts and there will be no end.

hongshui
03-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Foreign exchange earnings is a process, not results. That depends on your level of foreign exchange and emotional control. It take half of year for me, I am feel I become more good when I trading go to sucess one by one times, that make me feel the regular is can be mastered.

ahmar2
03-16-2011, 01:35 PM
I agree with you, expeerince make the people perfect, For now i completed around 1 year in my forex journey, I am sure that after 3-4 years i will be a good trader meanwhile we see lot of obsatcles and mistake, if we do one mistake then we don't repeat it again.

Thats why we should do as possible as many at starting with some less lot size then we can avoid all when we do with some big capital and lot, thats why i suggest new people to start with some $10 as capital and 0.01 lot as size to rectify all

Yes definitely every one gets better in trading with the time passage of time. It is just matter of how much you are willing to learn . Once you are set on right path then all you need is dedication and patience and you will definitely become good trader.

However another thing is that there is no fixed time that after X years one will become a great trader. It depends upon the ability to learn and apply your knowledge in market. This factor as you can see is personal and varies from trader to trader.

samy124
03-17-2011, 07:42 PM
There is no time that any forex trader no matter how profitable he had become or no matter how professional he is, he can't say he has reached his peak of leaning. Leaning has no end even professionals still makes some silly mistakes that set their investments on risk because we know that most forex professional traders invests a whole lot of money. So they are very more carefull compared to novices who trades with just a little capital. Every trader must strive to become profitable by spending more time to learn and develop new strategies.

gosians
03-20-2011, 01:04 PM
There is no fix time to become profitable in forex. You can even earn profit on your first day in trading, but if you hear about forex today and open an account, without getting basic knowledge, and start trading then you cannot earn, if you will success to earn today then you will not earn tomorrow, because proper knowledge is very important to do profitable trading.

For me it took more than a 3 days to become profitable in forex. I am so happy with my trading an d i am earning very well. I sometimes face loss but i recover it on the same day or very next day. So its also depends your abilities if you have interest then you can learn it quickly and easily.

ahmar2
03-20-2011, 02:38 PM
There is no fix time to become profitable in forex. You can even earn profit on your first day in trading, but if you hear about forex today and open an account, without getting basic knowledge, and start trading then you cannot earn, if you will success to earn today then you will not earn tomorrow, because proper knowledge is very important to do profitable trading.

For me it took more than a 3 days to become profitable in forex. I am so happy with my trading an d i am earning very well. I sometimes face loss but i recover it on the same day or very next day. So its also depends your abilities if you have interest then you can learn it quickly and easily.

The time doesn't matter in forex trading. They only thing that matters is that how you got that profit. Because if you are lucky then you can make some profit with in an hour of trading.

But making consistent profits should be the goals of every trader. That is to make a nice amount of money with a small risk . And to achieve that you really need to work hard so that your overall trading can become profitable.

silenteyes
03-20-2011, 06:25 PM
The profit made through luck is just like bonus and it can't be treated as success because every trader want to have profits on regular basis. This thing can't be achieved in starting days because you don't have good strategies to make thing good for you. As you spend more time in trading and learning, you will be developing good methods to generate profits on consistent basis. You should eliminate this thing from your mind that you can make good profits with small risk. The higher the risk, higher will be the profit. Ofcorse, you have to calculate risk before making trades.

jawadjoe
03-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Time element is not involved in the forex trading to become profitable but its totally depends on your abilities and skills to handle your trade. I think with the passage of time you will be able to earn more profits and if you earn profit on your first days then it is just your luck more than your work and capabilities.
Most forex traders earn profits just due to their experience and expectations about the market. They know what the right time to invest and in much quantity.

Lilian Nmeregini
03-21-2011, 02:18 AM
@jawadjoe,
That is the basic truth. Like the poster asked, 'how long did it took one to become profitable' in the forex trade. The time will definitely vary considerably for different traders. For some it can take them months, for others, it will take them a weeks to place their feet on the ground before they will start making profit, some can just take them some few days. Like in my own case, it took me about three days of making a mixture of profits and losses, before I started making a considerable constant profits, even though it was in small amounts. That was because it took me a great deal of time before I could master the trade for me to make such profit.

murali603
03-21-2011, 02:41 AM
The profit made through luck is just like bonus and it can't be treated as success because every trader want to have profits on regular basis. This thing can't be achieved in starting days because you don't have good strategies to make thing good for you. As you spend more time in trading and learning, you will be developing good methods to generate profits on consistent basis. You should eliminate this thing from your mind that you can make good profits with small risk. The higher the risk, higher will be the profit. Ofcorse, you have to calculate risk before making trades.

I agree with you, people want to make some huge profits with some small amount which is only possible when we use some good lot, but in this risk we might lost our account.

But when it comes to time taken before we see some good profits depends only us only how fast we learned things, if we get some good strategy then we can make some good profits in the short time, but most of time we spend in finding some good strategy which suits for us

noni125
04-02-2011, 07:56 PM
hum... brother it took me around 3 months to earn my first profit and that was of 50$ and at that time i was in loss of 1000$ but i was still happy .After my first profit i have made thousands of dollar every month and now i find it quite easy to trade and earn money in FX

Lilian Nmeregini
04-02-2011, 10:40 PM
@noni125,
Well, I'm encouraged at your profiting experience. But for me, it took me about a month before I started making profit. The first acount I created, I got a margin call on it. It initially dropped my spirit. I had almost quit the forex trade, but because of my passionate desire to survive and succeed in the forex trading system, I decided to give it another try. And thus, after a month, or there about, I started making some cool profit, and that was based on my ability to learn from the mistake that cost me my former account into a margin call.
So, I can say my past mistake eventually became an asset to me. Now I trade with confidence, because of my understanding of the forex system.

ika wahyu
04-04-2011, 12:47 PM
i have trade for one year and i get many loss and many profit..but more than profit or loss is the experience so it can make me know well about forex strategy...for this time it will useful learning more than only thinking about profit or loss...after you know the real forex strategy you can thing about profit or loss

asiantrader
04-05-2011, 01:35 AM
Well, making a good profit in forex is not so easy as we expect. We really require a lot of effort before we can become profitable in forex. The same thing happen with my self. I really had struggled a lot in the past to make the profit. Unless you won't built your momentum and your trading base, you can't make profit. You need to have ideas and knowledge about making analysis, placing bid and making of correct strategy. Unless you won't have these stuffs developed within your self, its really hard to make profit. And as the days pass on with forex, we really collect huge experience that will definitely help us to lead the way of professional trading.

ify79
04-05-2011, 09:33 AM
For me , it took just a week to start making profit, i made a reasonable amount of money that i had to withdraw in the second week, that is not to say that it has been profit all the way. I have seen the ups and down of forex trade, and has equally learnt from my past mistakes. To remain profitable ,you need to invest your time and resources to learning.

gosians
04-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Become profitable means to earn profit on regular basis. You cannot say that your trading is in profit if you are making profit on a certain day and face loss on very next day. If you are making regular profit in forex, either it is little or huge then you can say that you are in profit.

My first week in trading was not in my favor and i face many losses in that week, after that i learn so much from my mistakes and start trading with my learned experience, 2nd week was lucky for me i made profit and still making profit.

andry777
04-05-2011, 11:26 AM
About the title, I still couldn't answer the question if it is question for me personally because forex is not so profitable for me. I still make some mistakes in forex and I still couldn't get daily profit. So for me, forex is not quite profitable, I mean it's not big enough in profit for me. But I still less than a year in forex so I can't hope too much, I ever read if we must spend at least 2 years to become good trader and we can earn good profit from forex. I still needed many times to learn and practice about strategies, conditions, pairs, psychologies and another thing about forex matter. I will take a look the first year performance as consideration to move on in forex or not.

ify79
04-06-2011, 02:28 PM
About the title, I still couldn't answer the question if it is question for me personally because forex is not so profitable for me. I still make some mistakes in forex and I still couldn't get daily profit. So for me, forex is not quite profitable, I mean it's not big enough in profit for me. But I still less than a year in forex so I can't hope too much, I ever read if we must spend at least 2 years to become good trader and we can earn good profit from forex. I still needed many times to learn and practice about strategies, conditions, pairs, psychologies and another thing about forex matter. I will take a look the first year performance as consideration to move on in forex or not.

You do not have to spend up to two years before you can become profitable in forex, may be their are some things which you are not doing right when you are in a trade, you should try harder to ascertain those mistakes of yours and try to eliminate them in totality, you can still be profitable with added determination and commitment.

Rajan
04-06-2011, 04:25 PM
well, you can make profit in forex sooner but to become a profitable trader, it takes more time. Making profit in the business for few times does not prove you as a profitable. It might be because of your luck or anything but constantly making profit its not something that you can be with your luck. For that you should have proper knowledge about forex. You should know the flows and movement of the market and be updated about the every ups and downs in the forex.

Jackbro
04-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Every traders in forex are in terms of studying. We can't say he/she is totally perfect in forex. You can become good in forex, it depends upon your sincerity and your regularity. There are many things you should do before trade and profitability. Every people has not got the same capacity to understand the forex. Some understand quickly but other not. But if you want to become perfect in forex you should go through the forex course and practce in demo account.

chinedu234
04-07-2011, 06:58 PM
I can not say exact time i spent before becoming profitable but i know i spent more than required due lack good mentor. I know forex for the first time in 2007 ,had training which was not enough to be a good trader in September the same year.
Due to lack of fund and trainer i did not proceed to forex until march 2008 when i had another training which was sound.I did not start practice immediately due fund to by laptop and other requirements.It was on 2009 that i started demo and start real around december the same year.I can say that i have started getting 50% of my equity every month.

chuna1985
04-09-2011, 11:28 AM
You do not have to spend up to two years before you can become profitable in forex, may be their are some things which you are not doing right when you are in a trade, you should try harder to ascertain those mistakes of yours and try to eliminate them in totality, you can still be profitable with added determination and commitment.

Yes i agree with you, 2 years is a very long time to get profitable in forex trading. You can be profitable in forex trading in a few months or at least in a year. It is getting to the expert level that requires a forex trader to trade the forex currency market constantly for up to 2 years or more.

ify79
04-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Yes i agree with you, 2 years is a very long time to get profitable in forex trading. You can be profitable in forex trading in a few months or at least in a year. It is getting to the expert level that requires a forex trader to trade the forex currency market constantly for up to 2 years or more.

The point is that some traders especially the new ones are not giving their best of time to master the technical nature of trading. I hope someday within a matter of time i would become an expert in trading forex and other commodities until then i have to continue the learning process.

realfun07
07-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Yes you cannot say that you have earned profit if you make money one day and lost next day.Profit means the net total since day 1 of the trade.

For me It took me few months of trading since i have started to make profits on regular basis and now I am in net profit but I still consider that I have lots to learn and i will with time to come.

precap2
07-03-2011, 10:06 PM
I was unfortunate to train myself and that set me back by 2 years. I was going up and down for 2 years but what I have seen in the business kept me going. It is wrong for you to rely on books, I know why I harp on this. You need some professional to set corriculum for you before you start reading, or better still let the professional give you some one-on-one before you start reading. I am an avid reader but didn't know all the things I was supposed to read to be fully equiped.

Maybe someone should start a thread on setting training procedure for noobs just a way to guide their reading. I will be very helpful resource.

After two years of wasting my time I started becoming profitable and for more than 7 years now I have never had a negative month, though I might sometimes come out on break even after paying necessary bills

milanbhasima
07-04-2011, 07:42 AM
It took me a lot of time to earn some profit. I faced loss for many times and i was unable to secure my place in forex trade when i was just a beginner in forex trade. Then i got help from my friends who are also the experts in forex trade. They helped me a lot to make my forex trading profitable and i personally tried hard in forex trading for earning the profit i am getting today.

sheraz0009
07-04-2011, 08:49 AM
It is totally depend on you that what kind of personality you are?If you are a genius and intelligent in trading and if you follow right and good strategy then you can earn more with in a few month...

Mostly people start trade with very excitement and after few month they leave this trade and can not learn from this trade,i think it is wrong and bad habit,when you start any work you should totally involve in it and gain success.

Mr.Black
07-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Before your live trading it will be good that you are having an experience of about 5-6 months of demo trading.Demo trading is for the learning purpose.

Basically it depends on the intention of trader that in how much time he should learn Forex trading.It is better to learn without wasting time and in a flow.

Then to the topic,to make your trading profitable is the main issue in Forex trading.This is possible with your hard work and by your best trading strategy.If have best strategy and the implementation is also good then you can get profit more than your expectations.So all it is on your intentions.

gray wolf
07-31-2011, 04:23 PM
It took a lot of time for me to become profitable.I worked very hard to become a successful trader and learned a lot from different sources and I am still in a learning position.

In the beginning of my career as a Forex trader,I had to suffer a lot.I had to suffer from losses many times but I didn't loose hope.It took many months for me to practice on the demo account and when I became experienced,I switched to the real account and started investing on it.

It took a long time for me to get my first profit and that was all due to my effective strategies.

Jazpa
07-31-2011, 04:39 PM

what you see ?

TELL ME
It has been more than one and half year now that I have been trading in forex. It was really difficult at the beginning. We all know that how hard the trade is when we are newbies. I made lots of bad decisions and it made me pay very bad too. Later I took some time off from the trade by learning more about the forex, and with more demo accounts trading. Now, I am successful trader. I can make good trades and make good income through the trade.

forexguru
08-01-2011, 10:03 AM

what you see ?

TELL ME

I think you are right up to some extent, but you will have to learn forex from beginners to expert level in a good manner. And you will have to practice and test your results on the demo account.

You will get nothing in a year too, if you did not learned up to expert level and you did not familiarized your self with latest forex strategies and techniques.

indrayan
08-02-2011, 08:01 AM
i have knew forex since 1 years. but I begin learn it from february. I try download many ebook of forex. from 10 ebook that i downloaded, I just read 2 from it. Im confuse what did I do. Then I join some forex forum, i ask many things. at one forum I ever read that we need at least 2 years for making a consistent profti. But I dont believe him. I still on my principe. I can make profit in 3 months.
in fact, it's been 6 months I still do business forex loss results. This proves that it may take long to master forex. obtaining a consistent profit, probably about 2 years. so we should be patient if we still want to succesful in forex.

luvs
08-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Your earning depends upon your work if you work hard then you can automatically earn much. Only working hard is not enough the trader has to be well educated and skilled then only he can make reasonable profit. Now talking about the topic it took me long time to make a profit in business and i have to work very hard to earn profit. At the beginning i have to face many loss and due to that i was losing my confidence but i knew that at the beginning i may lose but i will earn at last and i have made it.

dmambi
08-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Frankly speaking till now i have not made any profit in terms of money, but i think i have earned the knowledge about this market and what to do and what not to , to make profit. Only this earning will help me in future to make money here. I learnt that to dream about making huge profit one should have a large capital proportional to the amount we want to earn. Also apart from this we need to have patience to wait for the right opportunity to enter the market and should not run behind the market for profit with greed.

realfun07
08-05-2011, 10:41 AM
It depends. As far as I know some traders take more than several years to be good traders.forex is not a easy program which you can earn money from it easilly . It requires your hard work. In my opinion, there are many ways for us to learn something about forex, but I think it is a good way for us to make friends who are good traders, I feel it is more efficient to get guide from them, and they will help you become a professional traders quickly.

There is a saying that Rome was not built in a day. So it takes a long time for a trader to become a professional and successful trader.One has to work hard first and gain all the basic knowledge and practice in demo account and then start to trade with some investment and he learns slowly with experience and time to come.

I have started trading a little more than a month back and my aim is to earn consistent profits and so far I am doing good with it.I plan to increase my investments slowly and earn more with time to come.

gosians
08-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Frankly speaking till now i have not made any profit in terms of money, but i think i have earned the knowledge about this market and what to do and what not to , to make profit. Only this earning will help me in future to make money here. I learnt that to dream about making huge profit one should have a large capital proportional to the amount we want to earn. Also apart from this we need to have patience to wait for the right opportunity to enter the market and should not run behind the market for profit with greed.
Its good to read that you are considering your knowledge as your profit. If you have good knowledge and experience and have some good strategies then you can earn good amount of profit regularly.

For me it takes more than 4 months to become profitable in this market but now i am feeling that my knowledge is not enough, i need to get more and more knowledge to get high profit so me trying to learn forex deeply.

Lilian Nmeregini
08-06-2011, 03:14 AM
@gosians,
I can see it took you four month to become profitable. But inasmuch as it took me about 3 weeks to make my first profit, yet it never mattered much to me, because after making the profit, and other subsequent ones, I suddenly lost them all, together with my capital through a margin call. Hence, I think it is not really how long it took us to make or become profitable, but when we started making consistent profits in our forex trades. That will define a player's success better.

najam514
11-26-2011, 09:12 AM

what you see ?

TELL ME
I have been involved in forex trading for last 6 months but truly to say that I am still struggling in this field and hoping for the time to come when I would start earning my profit. I tried for some time in real account but could not be successful and unfortunately I lost my some money that is why I am still learning different strategies and will start my real account soon.

precap2
11-26-2011, 10:23 AM
Its good to read that you are considering your knowledge as your profit. If you have good knowledge and experience and have some good strategies then you can earn good amount of profit regularly.

It's truth knowledge is more money than the initial earning. In forex I think it's better to have all the bad experiences from the beginning, they will help you stand firm in days of trouble. But if your beginning experiences were so nice, the bad days would too dark to comprehend. So let the noob enjoy the days of despair when it wouldn't destroy them rather than delay till confidence is gained

ansops
11-26-2011, 10:44 AM
@najam514,though we are all eager to start being profitable as soon as possible,yet
still struggling for six months is not too long.What matter is what you are doing now that should make you successful in the nearest future.There are traders that even trade real account for up to two years still being on the loosing side until they started
hitting gold mine.So work hard and believe you will become successful soon.

ceejaye
11-26-2011, 02:01 PM
@najam514,though we are all eager to start being profitable as soon as possible,yet
still struggling for six months is not too long.What matter is what you are doing now that should make you successful in the nearest future.There are traders that even trade real account for up to two years still being on the loosing side until they started
hitting gold mine.So work hard and believe you will become successful soon.

It is really a bad experience trading for so long and loosing. One of the most painful memories in forex is seeing your account fully loaded with your hard earned currency vanishing in few minutes. It is a bad experience to overcome.

Everyone including me has experienced this but with time you would recover your losses. It is good to take things easy in forex and with time your losses would come back.

ankit
11-26-2011, 02:17 PM
It took me long to earn my first profit because at that time i was new in this business and that is the reason i was little weak in this trading. But i practiced hard in forex, i always trade in demo account and that is the reason i learned forex trading fast. So it was a good experience for mw to trade in forex trading, in beginning i faced many loss but one of my friend told me that forex is the business where you must keep trying and do not lose your hope in forex trading.

Ranjan
11-26-2011, 04:18 PM
There is no limit time to explain how long did it take to become profitable. There are different types of person, some learn fast and some others learn slowly and take a time more to understand. So if we practice, read and learn well then we can be profitable in few days. Actually i'm new in this field, i'm trying my best to become profitable very fast as soon as possible.

shahzad0able
11-27-2011, 11:25 AM
I am still struggling to get profits in the forex trading. Though I manage some what in between my trades but I don't consider them as my good trades as it just comes only by my luck.
I was lacking studying forex which I had started now and so I am confidence in leaning it as I am getting good results from my studying. The only problem with me was that I started trading without knowledge due to which I also suffered loss.

ceejaye
11-27-2011, 11:55 AM
I am still struggling to get profits in the forex trading. Though I manage some what in between my trades but I don't consider them as my good trades as it just comes only by my luck.
I was lacking studying forex which I had started now and so I am confidence in leaning it as I am getting good results from my studying. The only problem with me was that I started trading without knowledge due to which I also suffered loss.

Many traders are trading the markets without knowledge because they are not aware of the consequencies of trading without knowledge. Some feel that forex is an easy business where the click out money without any effort.

As a newbie it is always hard to trade in profits because of your level of experience. But as you continue learning how to trade, your knowledge would grow and your earnings would also grow.

sunset
11-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Well Forex has been my interest since long ago. so i started to learn myself about Forex. Its almost been 3 years since i have started Forex. Till this years what i have noticed that Forex is really a fun. Talking about my first profit it took me long to make profit. As i didn't knew much about Forex. So i used to commit mistakes frequently. It almost took me 2 weeks to make my first profit. So i guess in the initial phase we need to handle situation quite slowly and properly.

ceejaye
11-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Well Forex has been my interest since long ago. so i started to learn myself about Forex. Its almost been 3 years since i have started Forex. Till this years what i have noticed that Forex is really a fun. Talking about my first profit it took me long to make profit. As i didn't knew much about Forex. So i used to commit mistakes frequently. It almost took me 2 weeks to make my first profit. So i guess in the initial phase we need to handle situation quite slowly and properly.

Honestly, i love your approach to forex trading. I wish other desparate traders would borrow a leaf from you and trade without so much ruch and expectation.

It also too me a lot of time to start making constant profits in forex. Though i was so lucky to make up to 60pips on my first trade on real account, the subsequent trades weren't that easy to end in profits. But i was determined and it truely paid up afterwas.

ansops
01-10-2012, 04:55 PM
It is possible to start making profit your very first day you started trading live account.I once read in an online forum about a mentor, who mentioned that it took him long time before he could being able to reserve $100 profit to the end of the week.In other words he will make profits and then loose it for a long time.This is the same case for me,it took me years.It is also same for many beginners, it will take a little while before start being profitable on a consistent basis.However if you practise some good withdrawal system then in a short time,one may be consistently profitable.You can decide to always make sure that every month after making double the amount of your initial capital,you can withdraw your capital and 50% of the profit,leaving the remaining 50% to trade for the rest of the month.

Alpana
01-10-2012, 06:35 PM
As per my view It took me long enough time to become profitable in this Forex trading business and I had done all my trading very bad at the initial stage of trading and at the time beginning I had also done my demo account practice it took me around 6 week to become profitable. And at the initial I was too afraid of losing my money to so I use to make a move very slowly well then I understood the market and know I can make profit of 200 dollars which is good from my point of view.

paktri
01-11-2012, 04:28 AM
It is possible to start making profit your very first day you started trading live account.I once read in an online forum about a mentor, who mentioned that it took him long time before he could being able to reserve $100 profit to the end of the week.In other words he will make profits and then loose it for a long time.This is the same case for me,it took me years.It is also same for many beginners, it will take a little while before start being profitable on a consistent basis.However if you practise some good withdrawal system then in a short time,one may be consistently profitable.You can decide to always make sure that every month after making double the amount of your initial capital,you can withdraw your capital and 50% of the profit,leaving the remaining 50% to trade for the rest of the month.

our tradings can only be better if we will try to learn from the mistakes and if we do not bother them then i think our tradings will not improve and we will lose the money doing the same mistakes. agree with you, technical analysis and fundamental analysis can give us information to know the market. so that we can predict the right time to enter the market. because a lot of traders who are impatient to make trades when no signal is sufficient.

Jailurox
01-11-2012, 06:08 AM
Everyone has different time frames, it depends upon the concentration while studying about the Forex and regularity. If we study the courses of Forex by concentration then we can pick every tips related to Forex easily and it takes some days. If you talk about me then I am too lazy, I completed the courses of Forex in more than six month and I practiced my trade in demo account for more than 3 months. But I think myself that now I can make profit most of the days.

ankit
01-11-2012, 03:09 PM
If you are a new trader and want to trade in forex then i would like to tell you to have good knowledge of forex because if you will have good knowledge of forex then it will be easy to make huge money from the forex trading in the beginning of the trade. So it took me a long time to make huge amount of money from the forex trading because in the starting of the trade i didn't have much knowledge of forex trading so that is why it too me long but if you want to make money at the starting of your trade then knowledge and practice is important.

paktri
01-12-2012, 06:47 AM
If you are a new trader and want to trade in forex then i would like to tell you to have good knowledge of forex because if you will have good knowledge of forex then it will be easy to make huge money from the forex trading in the beginning of the trade. So it took me a long time to make huge amount of money from the forex trading because in the starting of the trade i didn't have much knowledge of forex trading so that is why it too me long but if you want to make money at the starting of your trade then knowledge and practice is important.

yes, I dalah novice trader, I test the trading system on demo account, I must be patient, I do not want to throw money in vain, after success in the demo account, I will begin trading on real account. I think learning from experience is very efektive. learn from mistakes and not repeat the same mistakes, all of the successful trader I met told me that in their start they were also losing money and some of them had lost plenty of high amount of money.

kalex76
01-14-2012, 06:00 PM
Its hard to predict the exact time to get in the profitable zone in the Forex trading market.As making $1 profit also is considered as profitable which could be achieved by any kind of traders in a fraction of time but yes coming to the genuine profitable zone needs lots of experience and traders should wait for some time to be familiar with the market.For me it took me about three months to get profit from trading as when i use the scalping technique but after that it was not much achievement .I think if some strong strategies are taken with a combination of perfect knowledge its possible to make profit at any time during trading.

Alpana
01-14-2012, 06:24 PM
It takes a lot of time for the Forex trader to be profitable for new trader because they are new and they trade with fear of loss in the begining. There are many trader who join trading for earning high profit but they fail in it and it is the fear that make them stable and focus in this business. From my side it took me a long time to be profitable until I suffered a loss and start trading without fear.

ashir
01-16-2012, 02:16 PM
Learning about the forex trading is the key to become profitable trader. No time frame is needed to earn profit,open a demo account get educate about the system. At demo account initially you,ll gain some loss but after doing lots of practice during trading you,ll learn too much. When you,ll convert you demo to live account then there will very rare chances that you,ll get loss. I suggest you that there is no need to think about the time like 1 year to become profitable trader.

npes2009
01-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Well, how long it took me to become profitable is only useful to me because the time it took me to become profitable in forex might not and definitely will not be the exact time it will take you to become profitably in forex. All you need is to master forex, and master your strategy. The time it takes you to do that is the time it takes you to become profitable.

USMAN MASOOD
01-16-2012, 05:53 PM
It takes a lot of time for the Forex trader to be profitable for new trader because they are new and they trade with fear of loss in the begining. There are many trader who join trading for earning high profit but they fail in it and it is the fear that make them stable and focus in this business. From my side it took me a long time to be profitable until I suffered a loss and start trading without fear.

Yes,you are absolutely right that there is no time limit for the Forex trader to be profitable, a huge time is required to gain enough profit in Forex trading.At the time of starting Forex trading most of us have some fear to lose our earnings.After mistakes we gain some experience and better plans to gain a huge profit in Forex trading.So Forex trading took a large time to make a man profitable.

ebuka
01-20-2012, 02:14 AM
l think it also applies to me in the sense that l started forex about two years ago and l must say that before l received my first payment wasnt that easy but it was something to write home about because it was rely fun in every sense so l must say that to be profitable in forex has a lot to do with the way you trade and your strategy ,if you got a good trade and strategy then,you can call your self as being successful every day because the money will be flowing in by the second

wealth
01-20-2012, 03:26 AM
Hello friend, the answer to your question varies according to different people, maybe from one day to one year or even longer. What I am trying to say is that to estimate the time frame is meaningless. I am not saying your thread is trash or something, on the contrary it is useful for us to have a general idea on what difficulties everyone in the forum is encountering before getting the first profit. The point is if you get a profit and lose more later, it seems no meaningful to estimate the time frame of the first profit. What really matters is we get a profit nearly every time and never have a loss, which I believe is what every trader's pursuit of. Good luck!

npes2009
01-21-2012, 07:30 PM
For some people, time is a big factor to their success in forex. But I think that the time is not the matter of your been successful in forex. What I think matters is your approach to your trade. The way you trade, how you open a trade, and the market conditions in which you trade all determines your success in forex.

USMAN MASOOD
01-22-2012, 11:38 AM
For some people, time is a big factor to their success in forex. But I think that the time is not the matter of your been successful in forex. What I think matters is your approach to your trade. The way you trade, how you open a trade, and the market conditions in which you trade all determines your success in forex.

Yes, I agree from your point of view that time is a big factor for reaching the peak of success in Forex.There is no time limit to become a profitable trader in Forex business.Every one can success in Forex trading through his experience and knowledge about Forex.So there is no time limit to become profitable because after getting knowledge and experience you can reach at the peak of success.

mayur18
01-24-2012, 11:41 AM
There is no fix time to become a profitable forex trader. It depend upon us how fast we can learn forex trading. If we work harder and learn very carefully then we can able to learn forex trading within a very short period of time . And if we do not concentrate it more then it can take more than year for learning forex trading. I struggled a lot for learning forex trading.

ansops
01-30-2012, 07:03 PM
The time that it takes to make you become profitable will depend on how much you learnt of knowledge about the market before you start trading live account.If a trader does not know how to use basic tools like take profit,stop loss closing his trades and doing simple analysis in the market before starting to trade,until he learns them he will not be profitable.Also if he is not disciplined before starting to trade live account,his success will be delayed until he is disciplined by the market and he abides by the lessons learnt.

microtech
01-30-2012, 08:05 PM
I think there is no such specific time frame that can tell us that how long it can take us to make our system profitable. But it is all depends on our learning and education based on the market movement. First of all we need have a own strategy which is tested in demo account with a good money management. Also it is important for us control psychological matter in our live trading for the best result of our trading . we can not ignore it in anyway .

Farheen
07-23-2012, 08:28 AM
since im just a beginner on this kind of business its been a big help for me to read all the tips and instruction before i make a big step and doing for trading. its been nice to read all the information about how to trade and make a trade. now im starting to learn more and hopefully i would be successful on this kind of industry that i enter.

Well! it will take several time to become a profitable trader.

Forex trading require experience related to the trade and the guidance about the trade, you can get maximum knowledge from the expert traders. To befcome profitable in the business you need much more practise and training and you can practise on the demo account and then start trading as a real account you will get maximum porofit and become profitable trader.

samy124
07-23-2012, 09:32 AM
How long will it take to become profitable? Well, it wouldn't take too long. I say this because it didn't take too long time for me during my time of learning forex. Before you became profitable, you will definately make so many losses and this you just can't avoid because losses is the process of learning to become profitable. So if you are determined despite your losses, then you will soon become profitable. The time it takes to become profitable depends on how willing or hungry you are to become successfull. But there is on particular set time that determines your success.

pal1n2
07-23-2012, 09:42 AM
I am trading for over 1 year now and I still can't manage to make very good profits. Sometime I win and sometimes I loose. It's just how it is.
No matter how much experience and skills you have you can't win all the time. I believe that even the most experienced traders face some trading problems from time to time.
Bottom line is that no matter how much you have studied or how genius you are at trading there will always be some loses.

Wajeeh93
07-23-2012, 11:50 AM
In my personal opinion, it depends on how much time you invest on learning forex trading. if you invest good amount of time in learning forex trading before investing your money to trade with, its probably going to take not more than a month or something for you to start making money. It took me around 7 weeks before I could start to make serious amount of cash with forex trading because I invested around 6 months on learning it.

Nagilover
07-23-2012, 12:01 PM
I spend time about 7 months until I can make profit by myself because before that my big sister make profits for me because It is staying in learning basic processing since passing 6 months I can trade by myself but stay in the sight of my big sister also I get profits after I struggle in first month because I still lacvk of experienced about trading by myself too. Certainly it depend by your ability of learning and amount of capitals if you have massive capitals It will easily than lower capital

aun
07-23-2012, 12:05 PM
I think It will take for me to be a good trader more than 1 year.I join forex 8 months ago. I still think many things are to be learn . In this time I get some knowledge and did demo practice for 4 months.

I did real trading too but I lost there. I again start practice. I am feeling difficulty to manage my capital. My profit and loss remain round about equal or loss is more than profit.. It means I am not in profit .

That is why I need to learn how to maximize profit and minimize loss to earn some thing from the market.

klose99
07-23-2012, 12:19 PM
The time taken to be profitable more often depends on teh traders himselves because the more he tries the better opportunities he is going to gain.If a trader has all it requires for him to become a successful trader then he surely can gain a lot and there is no doubt to that but if a trader does not even understand forex trades then how is he going to manage to gain.So it totally depends on the traders regarding the profits that we make and the time that it takes.But I think that generally for a trader it takes about 4-5 trades and some understanding.

andry777
07-27-2012, 12:45 PM
There is no exact measurement for all traders about when should they learn in forex to make forex become profitable business for them. It will depend on each trader's skill of trading, psychology control, discipline, and style of trading. But I am sure if it will take at least 2 years to become expert traders and mostly traders should spend more than 3 years to become good trader in forex.

ankptl
07-28-2012, 05:34 AM
It is almost impossible to say about time limit to become profitable for any individual person. When we start Forex trading, our one and only aim is to get maximum knowledge & experience of Forex. All traders have different mind set and ability to get success in Forex trading, so we can say that trader's time period for success is uncertain in Forex.

Success is depend on trader's experience which required long period to get it. Any trader can not be successful in Forex trading on short time period. Daily trading practice with perfect planning and strategy can bring early success to a Forex trader.

ayushsrk
07-28-2012, 07:25 AM
I think there is no such specific time frame that can tell us that how long it can take us to make our system profitable. But it is all depends on our learning and education based on the market movement. First of all we need have a own strategy which is tested in demo account with a good money management. Also it is important for us control psychological matter in our live trading for the best result of our trading . we can not ignore it in anyway .

Yes it is not the time you spend in forex trading that creates the difference.It is the real thing that makes the most difference and that is knowledge and the experience about trading we have.The more the knowledge we have the better the chances are going to be for us to gain as well.

There are so many traders that rely on the time that they have been on the trades.But it is not actually the time that you spend that matters the most.The main thing that matters is the knowledge that you have.Because if you are trading in demo accounts for 4 years and even then you could not understand it properly then it is no use.But if you trade in demo accounts for 30 days and you have understood it then that is going to count.

shazzy
07-28-2012, 12:04 PM
It is almost impossible to say about time limit to become profitable for any individual person. When we start Forex trading, our one and only aim is to get maximum knowledge & experience of Forex. All traders have different mind set and ability to get success in Forex trading, so we can say that trader's time period for success is uncertain in Forex.

Success is depend on trader's experience which required long period to get it. Any trader can not be successful in Forex trading on short time period. Daily trading practice with perfect planning and strategy can bring early success to a Forex trader.
yes there is no time boundary for becoming a profitable trader as it depends upon the trader himself that how much effort he make for getting profits. The more effort he makes for learning the trading knowledge and skills the more early he would be able for becoming profitable. It depends on the learning ability of traders that how fast they learn the new things and every trader have a different learning ability so it wont be possible to say that one year or two years are must for becoming a profitable trader. So in my opinion time spent my the trader cannot form the basis for profitability in forex trading.

ashvini
07-28-2012, 12:39 PM
Its been almost two years of forex trading experience for me and i still do not consider myself to be profitable in forex trading business because i have made very huge loss at the starting of my trading career and am considering all the profits made now to be recovery of my losses.

I have plans to reach the financial freedom step by step and i have been successful in climbing each step, just making the consistent effort so that i can move forward in forex trading. We should maintain our existence in forex trading to make some good profits and for this we need to include certain rules in our trading.

hellsmurf
07-28-2012, 12:59 PM
For me its already profitable but not too much as I expected because I still need to make some improvement in my trading abilities and that will require some more time and efforts from my part.

I'm not feeling any kind of hurry and pressure to reach my desired profit level and I will take all the required time to make my own trading strategy as much profitable as I can. It can take several month or even years but that does not matters for me because I'm interested and motivated in this process and surely that I will reach it soon.

berich
07-30-2012, 09:39 AM
The time frame that it would take for us to become an expert trader varies among individuals, some persons might be very fast in learning, while others would be very slow in learning.

One year is enough for a trader to become an expert trader, one year of constant practicing on demo account, analysing the market and learning new trading strategies.

I have been practicing forex trading for some months now and I must say that it has really be helping my trades and I hope by the time I complete one year in my practice, I would become a successful trader.

hellsmurf
07-30-2012, 12:58 PM
The time frame that it would take for us to become an expert trader varies among individuals, some persons might be very fast in learning, while others would be very slow in learning.

One year is enough for a trader to become an expert trader, one year of constant practicing on demo account, analysing the market and learning new trading strategies.

I have been practicing forex trading for some months now and I must say that it has really be helping my trades and I hope by the time I complete one year in my practice, I would become a successful trader.

I think 2 weeks or 1 month would be the minimum period of time to make a reasonable review of a day trading performance but the best will be to monitoring the trading results for at least 6 months or even 1 year.

To become profitable its not just a matter of time but also a matter of being consistent in the trading operations for a reasonable period of time and that really requires a good ammount of experience and skills to perform well in the forex market.

Idris
07-30-2012, 01:31 PM
For me its already profitable but not too much as I expected because I still need to make some improvement in my trading abilities and that will require some more time and efforts from my part.

I'm not feeling any kind of hurry and pressure to reach my desired profit level and I will take all the required time to make my own trading strategy as much profitable as I can. It can take several month or even years but that does not matters for me because I'm interested and motivated in this process and surely that I will reach it soon.

Thats also a case similar to mine, although i have been trading for about six months now and i have been making little profits which is even on a weekly basis, i can't say that i am trading profitably because i have friends who haven't traded for up to that number of months and are already making big profit Although they are making use of Expert advisors. My trading strategy failed few weeks ago so i am currently in the demo market trying to come up with something new. I have learned so many things from this forum so i hope to update when i am trading profitably as per my own goal.

gbengustic
07-31-2012, 08:37 PM
Reading and researching about forex trading is not enough, what is required, for one to practice and learn from every steps and mistakes.
Gaining as much experience as you can will help too because it is what will be your guide through the hazy road of making money in forex trading.
Its important we spend our time trying out some new techniques that you feel will give you a good result. It may take some time for these result to begin to come in. That is why it is essential for you to be very patient.

fxraj
07-31-2012, 09:19 PM
Forex trading is a complicated business. I am newbie forex trader and i continue my practise. I think i become a profitable trader within 1 year. To be a good trader it need hard working and good study, practice properly and with concentration. A trader must be a good trader with varies his knowledge and hard working. My cousin become a good trader within 1.5 year. In one year reading, learning and practicing is not enough. Because forex is a analytical business also so we should continues our study and practice.

monyitomon
08-01-2012, 02:10 AM
There is no specific time because each trade there is a lesson to be learned, and if you are not learning from your mistake you are likely to repeat it, we can cut down the time by learning from the others. indeed, it never stops because in Forex learning doesn't stops. Reading, and searching is not really enough because if that is enough then for sure there will be lots of successful traders because we have a lot of available information online, but the most important thing is, how we can applied that in our Forex trading, because ideas are nothing if you can't put it in action.

atif58
08-01-2012, 02:21 AM
Learning Forex needs very long time. It is not easy to learn it in a day or week or a month.
I am doing Forex from one year and i think i can not understand exactly the Forex markets movements. It may takes years to understand it. Some people have good skills of learning so they may take very short time in learning, it depends on the mantel power of each individual. I think the study of Forex never ends but we should give at least one year before trading in Live account.

shanikhan
08-05-2012, 10:23 AM
It is not necessary for the beginners to become profitable.it requires time ,slowly and gradually one can be profitable.if persons jumps direct to first stage it is not possible in trading.there are various steps in every type of business when we will complete these steps the we can be profitable in short duration of time.

wahaj
08-06-2012, 02:15 PM
since im just a beginner on this kind of business its been a big help for me to read all the tips and instruction before i make a big step and doing for trading. its been nice to read all the information about how to trade and make a trade.
I have a couple of losing trades and I make up all those in one single trade and go into profit.

nehmer
09-18-2012, 03:50 AM
Learning Forex needs very long time. It is not easy to learn it in a day or week or a month.
I am doing Forex from one year and i think i can not understand exactly the Forex markets movements. It may takes years to understand it. Some people have good skills of learning so they may take very short time in learning, it depends on the mantel power of each individual. I think the study of Forex never ends but we should give at least one year before trading in Live account.

Its really a never ending process of knowledge here in forex we may learn things today but tomorrow will be another ordeal and another knowledge learned. It takes time to be profitable it may be able to take years if you have sincerly train more on demo account. Hopes and dreams are born in forex we have to be disciplined all the time and have utmost patience in what we do here. Whatever it takes we need to not fear forex trading and face what needs to be face if we continue to fear of the unknown we cannot move forward and take profit. Do trading as if it were your last day in earth you have to be serious inorder for you also to get good results.

kashif411
09-18-2012, 03:57 AM
There is no fix time frame of that. You might be a good trader in as little as 2 months and on the other side you might be a bad trader for as long as 20 years. Trading is not based on time, it is more concerned with your skills and abilities. You must be able to survive in the market and look for every single profit earning opportunity. Without proper trading skills, it is very hard to be profitable in forex so stop thinking about time and try to learn more about trading in order to be profitable in this market.

sufyanniazi
09-22-2012, 10:38 AM
Well I took for about 3-4 months to become successful in trading. Firstly when i started to trade i could not earn ^5more than about 1-2$ a day but as time passed by i became more mature in the community and realized that to trading it was not only the investments it was the luck, education and experience that i required for my success this way i became fond of waiting all day long but int he end my patience paid off and i kind of became successful!

chidalu
09-22-2012, 07:15 PM
After 1 year of Trading in some form or another, I would like to state the following:
My name is omar & I Trade.
I know that I should be Consistant by now but I just can't seem to get it to 95% at least Winning Trades.
As a matter of fact, I feel I'm on a Hot Run if 70% of my Trades are profitable.
1 Year in & still have to suck on a loooser occasionaly but that's ok, I'm starting to get the hang of this

it doesent take you any long to make profit out of forex trade. once you finished your normal forex trade and learned about your demo account and you think you are good to go, you can start making profit immediately. in the situation where it takes you time to start making profit that mwans you are not all that ready for the first time to start trading.when you starts trading forex do not compare your gain with the person that have being into the system more than you because it might make you to groe gready and you start trading out of your selfish interest

radex78
09-23-2012, 05:21 AM
How long will become profitable i think depending with each trader skills , and skills will be sharp if trader learn with smart trader , forex is not easy way to become rich in short time , but will be vain if we learn forex but less practice , so practice while learning is very important to nearly become profitable trader

Market behaviour is very dynamic , sometime if we learn about support resistence area , it's possibly if these area will break by price , so beside we learn about such system trading but we should consider with risk management

motiurbd
09-23-2012, 11:49 AM
I am trading for the last 3 years.. but hardly I could make good profit in those days.. but now things are quite changed.. because with those losing years of mine finally giving me good result.. I learned from all those mistakes of mine.. but still I dont think I am that much educated yet.. I still need to learn a lot of things.. Because I dont have that much confident yet in myself that I can grow my account every month.. Until I have that much power, I need keep on learning heavily..

rexway
09-23-2012, 02:07 PM
The duration it normlly take for a trader to become perfect all depend on the trader ,what am trying to say here is that most of the forex trader ( newbie0 sometime have sharp mentality than other even in our school and class its not and can never be the same time it took everybody to understand a particular course even if everybody started learning the same day.
so likewise forex trading the time it take for the trader to become perct do varies but for me I think before I strta making real money in forex it took me about six month plus.

budado
09-24-2012, 08:10 AM
I am trading for the last 3 years.. but hardly I could make good profit in those days.. but now things are quite changed.. because with those losing years of mine finally giving me good result.. I learned from all those mistakes of mine.. but still I dont think I am that much educated yet.. I still need to learn a lot of things.. Because I dont have that much confident yet in myself that I can grow my account every month.. Until I have that much power, I need keep on learning heavily..
You really have strong motivation. Just imagine losing for years? Me I would have stop if I'm losing for even six months. Lucky for me that I only loss of two months long and then I see my earnings on the third month and ever since I'm making profit. Although I'm not earning big and I'm just earning like 10% a month on average for me that is much better than having a losing month.

I really don't want to go back in losing. Since even though I only have two months losing period its really give me lots of sleepless nights and stress and I really don't want to experience that again.

andry777
10-05-2012, 04:54 AM
I think there is no exact measurement to know that we should learn in forex for how long to gain consistent profit. Each different has different on skill of trading, so we can't make them same. But generally, traders should spend about 2-3 years to realize consistent profit in forex. Some people must spend more than 3 years to make it happen.

I think it's not big deal as long as we trade as part-time traders because our life is not depending on earning from forex only. We can practices to improve our skill of trading and psychology control while we are doing our main job. But, we should improve our target profit to take too.

berich
10-12-2012, 08:03 PM
I started making profit from my trades the first year I became a forex trader but the only problem was that it wasn't consistent because I would eventually lose my entire profit to margin call.

This is my third year in forex trading and it happens to be the very first time I am making profit consistently from the market and am able to prevent my account from bankruptcy.

If you are patience, determined and practice on demo account constantly, you would start making profit from forex trading just keep practicing and hang on there.

budado
10-13-2012, 01:33 AM
I'm really happy with my trading right now. I'm happy that some how I'm starting to see that I'm progressing. My first account I got MC but I did not give up and right now although I still not earn back my loses. I'm almost half way to recovery. My other account I'm earning for many months now and don't receive any MC yet. This two major accounts I have is the only account that I have more than 100 dollars capital. I have five other accounts that has less than 100 dollars. But I'm hoping also that in two to three months three of this account will also reach 100 dollars capital. So in short in two to three months I can have five accounts that have more than 100 dollars capital and since I earn 10% a month. that means I will going to earn at least 50 dollars a month. I know its still a small earning for a successful forex trader but that's my minimum earning target each month and so far I do earn more than that.
Anyway here is the stats of my first account that got MC and in the road to recovery.
I got MC last june. In august I incur small loses simply because I the eur/usd bearish trend is over and its turn bullish so I close all of my sell position incurring loses but that's is worth it as I recover big in august

My second account

freaky1212
10-13-2012, 01:54 AM
The time it will a foreign exchange trader to be profitable is the time will take him to be professional and the time it will take a trader to be a professional depends on the individual traders, so there is no specific time or duration it will take to be profitable in this business.

If a foreign exchange trader acquires the knowledge, skills and experience needed for a successful trade in order to make profit and be profitable quickly then he will profit within a short period of time. So the duration depends on the individual foreign exchange traders.

bigboy
10-15-2012, 04:43 PM
I think there is no exact measurement to know that we should learn in forex for how long to gain consistent profit. Each different has different on skill of trading, so we can't make them same. But generally, traders should spend about 2-3 years to realize consistent profit in forex. Some people must spend more than 3 years to make it happen.

I think it's not big deal as long as we trade as part-time traders because our life is not depending on earning from forex only. We can practices to improve our skill of trading and psychology control while we are doing our main job. But, we should improve our target profit to take too.

I have the same thought with you there is no exact time or hour it take to become profitable in this business, and Forex is not that kind of business that will just give us profit with our little time of learning, before a trader a beginner can make good profit in this business i guess it will take him/her time and not just time but days, and it could even take a year.

For me i no that Forex is not an easy business, that is why most time i prefer to use bonus to trade, because am not too experience and i believe that if i trade because of my lack of knowledge i will fail, that is why i always prefer to trade with bonus, so that at the end i will not regret any thing.

mansoork2233
10-16-2012, 08:17 PM
Beginners are always asking how long it will take them to become profitable traders, so it might be useful to get an idea how much time others spent before everything.
Obviously, everyone's circumstances are different.However some of the factors that have an effect are our perceptions that how long it takes time to us to persevering the market behavior and how quickly we make our decision for an order.

riddick09
10-17-2012, 03:29 AM
@mansoork2233
It will always differ from traders. Since, we don't have all the same trading plans here and also we don't have same standard of having profitable trading. We can say that some traders are considering profitable trading as gaining consistent profits while others will see it if they are gaining huge profits. There's no specific time that we can tell, know or expect when we will going to finally reach it but slowly we can have it by continuous trading and don't lose the motivation of being a trader because we need lots of patience to achieve those.

Wajeeh93
10-17-2012, 12:47 PM
Fortunately for me, I have been in profit right from the moment I started forex trading. I mean, I did lose some money but all in all at the end of the month, my earnings were more than my loss. The reason behind that is that I invested loads of time to learn forex trading properly and understand it better and then I invested even more time to practice my learned skills and strategies and master them via the demo account.

bigboy
10-17-2012, 01:00 PM
Time or how long it take question for every one of us to become successful is not the business of any one, if you are newbies to this Forex business and you want to make your own profit on it, the first thing you need to ask your self is what you are going to do, or where exactly you are going to start from, that is the question every newbies should ask him/her self.

And not question like how long it take you to become profitable, for instant if you no how long it is going to help you, i guess the answer will be (no) so what i expert beginner to ask people is were they are going to start from, and not how long it take some one to be profitable.

With proper learning and training form the demo account, i guess it will not take too much time to become profitable in this business.

freaky1212
10-17-2012, 09:21 PM
The time it will take one to be profitable in foreign exchange trade business depends on how serious the trader was when he was learning trading and practicing in demo account trading. It might take some people like three months or less or even more than that to be profitable from there first trade.

For me, my first trade was not good. i lost my whole account in my first trade, i traded with emotion and that killed my whole account. It took me like three months to be profitable and that was in my second trade.

nehmer
10-19-2012, 07:39 AM
Fortunately for me, I have been in profit right from the moment I started forex trading. I mean, I did lose some money but all in all at the end of the month, my earnings were more than my loss. The reason behind that is that I invested loads of time to learn forex trading properly and understand it better and then I invested even more time to practice my learned skills and strategies and master them via the demo account.

It is good that you are gaining per month here. The knowledge and hardwork in learning trading is really the key here for your success. It did not take you so long to reach profitability in this business. You just need to maintain that road and don't stop learning. As a trader you have to be consistent in the learning process so that there will be no problem at all if ever you encounter problems on your way in forex.

In my case, I still did not reach the the profitable level this month. I still keep on accumulating my account until I reach 500 dollars before I start to withdraw. I don't need to rush in profit because it will only lessen my margin just like before, I do withdraw my profits quickly tendency is I did not notice that my margin is small already that increasing the number of orders will eat all my account. So now, I take it slow and make sure I don't make obvious mistakes anymore from the past.

budado
10-20-2012, 02:07 PM
The time it will take one to be profitable in foreign exchange trade business depends on how serious the trader was when he was learning trading and practicing in demo account trading. It might take some people like three months or less or even more than that to be profitable from there first trade.

For me, my first trade was not good. i lost my whole account in my first trade, i traded with emotion and that killed my whole account. It took me like three months to be profitable and that was in my second trade.
I guess we also need to add timing and market conditions. Me its take me two months before I finally make a profit in forex trading. Since then I'm earning profit and already have six active accounts total. I have one account though that got MC last june but its now 70% recovered and in two months time now I'm sure I'm going to make profit in that account that got mc.

I guess almost every body has loss their account in forex trading when they trade for the first time. Me I loss 1,000 dollars in my first account. I guess I'm very ignorant back then. I don't know that theirs many different account. Me I trade in standard account that 1 pip is 1 dollar in value and I invest total of 1,000 dollars and I loss all of my funds. But now I learn my lesson and now I'm earning good.

rexway
10-20-2012, 04:42 PM
I guess we also need to add timing and market conditions. Me its take me two months before I finally make a profit in forex trading. Since then I'm earning profit and already have six active accounts total. I have one account though that got MC last june but its now 70% recovered and in two months time now I'm sure I'm going to make profit in that account that got mc.

I guess almost every body has loss their account in forex trading when they trade for the first time. Me I loss 1,000 dollars in my first account. I guess I'm very ignorant back then. I don't know that theirs many different account. Me I trade in standard account that 1 pip is 1 dollar in value and I invest total of 1,000 dollars and I loss all of my funds. But now I learn my lesson and now I'm earning good.

well I can only say that your loss was such a huge one 1000dollar is avery huge amount of money but what I know is that if traders take advanteges of a mentor at the begining of his trade then the trader will make good amount of income even at the very start of his forex carreer.
Me the only loss i have incured in forex market since I first started is just total of 270dollar since because when I first started forex I start with the help of a mentor so its really help me alot at least to make more profit as am doing now my mentor share his trading strategy with me independent of the deep secrete and am doing very well with my four trading account except one that i dont touch offten.

genesis50
10-21-2012, 01:01 AM

Since you are a beginner, there are a lot you can still learn from other traders experience. For me, it took me about 3 months before I started making some reasonable profit. Initially, when I started, I will make some profit, and subsequently, I will lose them, and this process continued for some time.

But it took me about a year before I started making more wins than loss. And ever since, I have been trying to perfect my skills. I take proper care to learn from every loss I make. Since losses are a way of educating me of the wrong decisions I took. That has been my experience, and it has been quite exciting anyway.

nooruddin
10-21-2012, 04:06 AM
it depends upon you learning ability some traders i know took a whole lot of time to reach the level when you can trade and make some profits other trader were fast learners and took about 7 months then became so experienced with Forex trading that they started to make profits instantly.you should not rush but should work on your own pace do not get worried if you do not understand anything just consult some experienced traders who would be willing to guide you i myself is not a good trader but i am dedicated to forex trading.

budado
10-21-2012, 03:25 PM
well I can only say that your loss was such a huge one 1000dollar is avery huge amount of money but what I know is that if traders take advanteges of a mentor at the begining of his trade then the trader will make good amount of income even at the very start of his forex carreer.
Me the only loss i have incured in forex market since I first started is just total of 270dollar since because when I first started forex I start with the help of a mentor so its really help me alot at least to make more profit as am doing now my mentor share his trading strategy with me independent of the deep secrete and am doing very well with my four trading account except one that i dont touch offten.
I know its a big amount and that's why lesson learned the hard way. I guess if I did not know that fxfred exist right now I'm still licking my wounds of bleeding heart. lols. But since I started trading again. I'm happy that some how I'm earning back my capital some how. And even though I loss 1,000 dollars in one account now I have six accounts and have capital ranging from 18 dollars to 270 dollars right now. I know my biggest capital is just 1/4th of my loses but I'm sure in three to six months I'm not only going to have one account that has 1,000 dollars capital but probably two to three accounts will have 1,000 dollars capital each if I continue earning as I'm earning now.

In forex trading its how long you realize your mistake and correct it that going to chance your losing ways to earning ways and not simply because you trade for a long time you going to make profit. As long you don't chance your views and your strategy and your approach you going to do the same mistake and you going to loss the same amount.

andry777
10-24-2012, 04:33 PM
it depends upon you learning ability some traders i know took a whole lot of time to reach the level when you can trade and make some profits other trader were fast learners and took about 7 months then became so experienced with Forex trading that they started to make profits instantly.you should not rush but should work on your own pace do not get worried if you do not understand anything just consult some experienced traders who would be willing to guide you i myself is not a good trader but i am dedicated to forex trading.

You're right. It's depending on each trader himself to know how long time to wait that it can become profitable when we are learning about forex. There is no one who can make sure about it because there are many things which must be learned in forex. We should learn about tehcnical analysis, fundamental analysis and psychology control too. Each trader can be different time to become profitable traders.

I think it's not easy to realize consistent profit in forex because consistency needs discipline, patience, and sometimes aggresivity. More practices can give different result because more practices can improve current skill of trading and it can improve psychology control too.

genesis50
10-25-2012, 01:23 AM

what you see ?

TELL ME

If I were to give you my candid advice, I will tell you that the time to take in becoming a profitable trader is not proportional to the amount of profit realized. As a beginner, you should not put your mind on when to start earning good income. The most important thing is for a trader to ensure that he patient enough to learn and gather all the knowledge he needs to become successful.

Becoming successful in forex trade doesn't come overnight. And hence, it requires patience, consistency and being focused, to be able to realize your dream in forex trade.

indieover
10-25-2012, 04:14 AM
If I were to give you my candid advice, I will tell you that the time to take in becoming a profitable trader is not proportional to the amount of profit realized. As a beginner, you should not put your mind on when to start earning good income. The most important thing is for a trader to ensure that he patient enough to learn and gather all the knowledge he needs to become successful.

Becoming successful in forex trade doesn't come overnight. And hence, it requires patience, consistency and being focused, to be able to realize your dream in forex trade.

It is true that newbies should not focus much on making a lot of money right away. But it is not easy for newbies not to be tempted to make money right away. Usually newbies are just so focused on making money that they to forget to develop their skills well. We are in forex to make lots of money and so newbies are just so impatient to do that. But there is no good to try to make money right away in forex. It is just not possible to make a lot of money being a newbie and just new in forex. Some traders have been on forex for years already and still are just making modest profit monthly. So newbies should not expect that on their first week that they would make good amount of money right away.

I am not hoping that I would earn like $100 or more weekly. As I just want to focus on practicing more and gaining knowledge. I actually am doing a lot of reading once again and open few trades on demo account. So for now I just try to observe how the market behave. So for me I may trade in live account but I would just trade in cents account so I would not lose big amount. I would just trade to gain some experience.

Cutiekc
10-25-2012, 04:48 AM

You learnt so fast,just two months?,well some people it takes them about close to a year or even a year before they start making profits in forex trading,first thing that is being consider here is how fast one is when learning and also the source by whice one is learning from.

For instance a newbie that learnt forex trading from a proffessional and sucessful trader will start making profits immediately cause he learnt from a well exprienced trader,also how serious and the mindset we have for forex trading also counts.

teejes
10-26-2012, 05:13 AM
i think to become a profitable trader is must have long experience trading, but maybe in fact about how long it takes to become a profitable forex trader depends entirely on you, its not advisable for the novice trader to jump right into trading without first getting some basic forex education, you should learn from some of the most respected online experts to help you get the best forex trading education, you should also purchase books about forex market and forex trading strategy, as with any other bussines, knowledge is the key, and to become a profitable trader, yo must supply yourself with a very good educational foundation if you expect to do excel in this bussines, every one can be a profitable trader because forex market is the largest market in the world and also forex trading is real investment bussines.

taharoyal52
10-26-2012, 10:55 AM
There is no measurement of the period to become successful.
It can be a magic, and you can be successful from day one!
If not, then you can be successful in one month, 6 months, a year, or 10 years, might be.
So, we can't measure it.

Right now, i myself is not successful. My journey here is very short and sweet till now, so I am not successful right now. I think so, it will take a lot of time, around 2 years to become successful.

ryuken
10-26-2012, 08:55 PM
You learnt so fast,just two months?,well some people it takes them about close to a year or even a year before they start making profits in forex trading,first thing that is being consider here is how fast one is when learning and also the source by whice one is learning from.For instance a newbie that learnt forex trading from a proffessional and sucessful trader will start making profits immediately cause he learnt from a well exprienced trader,also how serious and the mindset we have for forex trading also counts.
It depends on each individual and how they are learning and practicing. He has more than 6 accounts from different brokers and he tests with all the features that are being offered. So his set of experience is based on how much he is trying to make money and how much he is putting the efforts, that surely gives him some returns as you can see and it is not hard to see that many people who put on more effort are likely to learn more about the forex over a period of time.

It takes some time for each of us in our own ways. As he said it took 1k bucks for him to lose in systematic way and it did end up for him in the way we cant imagine. I am sure the amount of time it takes for you to learn and make money like him would be totally different and also your set of capital is something that he can't raise either that is for sure.

genesis50
10-27-2012, 01:37 AM
@ryuken,
Like what you said, I think trying to have up to 6 accounts from different brokers could be enough distraction. Though, it might look like having diverse means of investment. Hence the trader should try and eliminate any thing that will deter him from achieving his goal as a forex trader.

For me, because I wasn't consistent when I started, I was unable to become profitable at the initial stage. Hence, it took me some time to work out my profits, before I realize them. Trading profitably is not an overnight beisness. It is something a trader must pursue with everything he has, both with resourses and personal effort.

valexer
10-27-2012, 03:22 AM
@ryuken,
Like what you said, I think trying to have up to 6 accounts from different brokers could be enough distraction. Though, it might look like having diverse means of investment. Hence the trader should try and eliminate any thing that will deter him from achieving his goal as a forex trader.

For me, because I wasn't consistent when I started, I was unable to become profitable at the initial stage. Hence, it took me some time to work out my profits, before I realize them. Trading profitably is not an overnight beisness. It is something a trader must pursue with everything he has, both with resourses and personal effort.

It was a different story for me mate. The first two weeks I was really on a rampage. Beginner's luck maybe! I was able to almost double my capital. However it ended soon that made me really think about investing again. As of now, I am not that active in trading. It's been 7 months since the first time I tried out forex trading. If I would asses myself, I think that I am close to being an average trader with my knowledge and skills. However I just lack the tie lately to be active in trading due to my activities in school.

nehmer
10-27-2012, 04:33 AM
It depends on each individual and how they are learning and practicing. He has more than 6 accounts from different brokers and he tests with all the features that are being offered. So his set of experience is based on how much he is trying to make money and how much he is putting the efforts, that surely gives him some returns as you can see and it is not hard to see that many people who put on more effort are likely to learn more about the forex over a period of time.

It takes some time for each of us in our own ways. As he said it took 1k bucks for him to lose in systematic way and it did end up for him in the way we cant imagine. I am sure the amount of time it takes for you to learn and make money like him would be totally different and also your set of capital is something that he can't raise either that is for sure.

If you really wanted to profit in this business its very possible but we have no assurance on how many accounts is needed to be profitable here. You do not need to push through many accounts since you cannot accommodate all. It is better that we have less account that we have to manage. Since the more accounts we have the level of difficulty is very high and the time spent on each account is very important. We need to spend much time for each account.

It is really not important how long you profit here as long as you know how to manage your accounts properly so that all of them will profit. It took me months to make a profitable trade in my accounts and have encountered a lot of situations that tested my trading skills. I have to make my 3 trading accounts reach a certain capital before I withdraw profits. Actually at least 3 of them should reach 300 dollars each before I withdraw daily. That is why now I am getting 10 -50 dollars at minimum withdrawal each of them. As a trader we need to understand first the currency that we want to trade and how much movement it gives daily, by that we are going to see how much stop loss we are going to put.

usmanahmad
10-27-2012, 12:24 PM

princessofwaqas
10-27-2012, 04:02 PM
I only start in forex 3rd quarter of the year im beginners and i only start on forex forums which always do posting because of this posting i got my money and i invest it in real trading but its not enough because i only have small capital but for its ok no need to invest more money because im beginners there's a tendencies that i will suffer loss. For me a month is enough to start your trading. We need only lots of practice to make are trade well. For the beginners no need to invest so much money because you are still learning and don't have enough knowledge to understand the market. Time doesn't matter if the person is easily understand the trading then he/she will easily gain profits we need only the proper knowledge, skills, ability, and have patience to become successful trader.

Islamnoor34
10-27-2012, 04:30 PM
@ thread starter This is all game of time and hardwork. How much hardworking and time you are forex will be profitable for you. There are many traders that spent only few days and they are making profits. But there are some traders also who are working for months but they are not in state of distinct profits. Difference between these two type of traders is just hard work and devotion. In short forex does not matter how much time a trader spends doing trading but it matters how a trader is hardworking and devoted.

Kokomaster
10-27-2012, 04:50 PM
How long it takes one to be profitable in forex depends on how long a trader have been into forex and the amount of skills and strategy in which that trader has build up and the level of knowledge and experience the trader has gained in trading in the forex market business.
To be profitable dosent come overnight as we must struggle to acheive success in life. Forex needs alot of time to be profitable, in the beginning, newbies finds it very hard to be profitable but as they go deep in having good strategy in forex, they can be able to make good profit on the long run.
How long it takes depends on how hard a trader works to acheive success.

budado
11-04-2012, 02:08 PM
After 10 months of continues trading its seems I'm more confuse. When do we think we can say we are profitable? Th reason why I'm asking this question is that when I start trading and make my first profit I earn for three months and I say I'm making profit and I'm happy but then I get MC. After that for five months I make good profit then just last friday I almost got MC again.

Now how can I say I'm making profit if I'm making profit for three months or even five months but in the end I got MC? and all the profit I make in the last three months of five months goes to drain? Does it mean I'm making profit or not? Of we can only say we are making profit when we reach bep and cashout that bep and even if we get MC we still end up in profit? Is that the time we can say we are making profit?

Dabchi
11-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Well i think that this will all depending on the persons that are been into the forex trading. There are most of the people that can can easily catch up so fast and then another set of people that will really find it lots difficult to get to catch up so fast.
The faster set of people are the one that might last just about 4months to get to be profiting from trading.
Then the other set of people are the ones that can stay upto a 8months to a year before before they can stand the better chances to earn very much better in the forex trading business. But to me i think the better ideal interval for one to earn is 6months and then we will be better in earnings from forex.

rexway
11-05-2012, 10:28 AM
Well i think that this will all depending on the persons that are been into the forex trading. There are most of the people that can can easily catch up so fast and then another set of people that will really find it lots difficult to get to catch up so fast.
The faster set of people are the one that might last just about 4months to get to be profiting from trading.
Then the other set of people are the ones that can stay upto a 8months to a year before before they can stand the better chances to earn very much better in the forex trading business. But to me i think the better ideal interval for one to earn is 6months and then we will be better in earnings from forex.

its not that the other set of traders dont have what it takes for them to be call a good trader but come to think of it everybody knowledge and thoughts are not the same what I know and think is that any person who want to learn forex trading fast must make sure to take the business seriously.
When talking about forex trading the most thing that makes traders to learn faster are things like good mental aspect and best trading strategy which is learn from the right sources.

sam9630
11-18-2012, 11:19 AM
According to me it is enough time that we learn Forex trading in one year and become profitable.However the learning process is never end at any stage.The reason is simple that Forex trading is so flexible, that you not say sure any thing sure either you gain profit or loss.So your strategies and planing is change time to time with the market situation so that why you learning process is continue.So i think it is depend on the trader how much time he require to become profitable as well as the market situation and how much you luck is with you because some time luck play an important rule.

motiurbd
11-18-2012, 02:27 PM
I was trading for the last 3 years.. In these three years I was only encountering with losses.. Hardly I could make some profits from my trading.. Because I was only trading with Indicators, softwares, signals etc..

But when I switched to naked trading.. and started learning about this market.. only then I started to make some profits.. Now a days no matter how tricky the market goes, I can still finish my month with some profits :)

genesis50
11-19-2012, 04:30 AM
@faisalanwar,
Yeah! I agree with you. It all depends on the imput of the trader, and how much determined the trader is to rise to the top of his trading career. For me, I demo traded for about 6 months, and after then, I opened a live account, which took me about two weeks to start making an appreciable profit. That was really a learning phase in my trading life. In fact, while I was trading in my real account, I was also demo trading at the same time, in order to make some sort of comparison.

The lenght of time to become profitable for different traders will definitely differ. But the more passionate a trader is, and those who believe in being a perfect learner, and are thirsty for knowledge and also curious to discover the resent update in the forex market, will surely be the early birds to start earning profit. No two ways about it.

budado
11-19-2012, 07:45 AM
I was trading for the last 3 years.. In these three years I was only encountering with losses.. Hardly I could make some profits from my trading.. Because I was only trading with Indicators, softwares, signals etc..

But when I switched to naked trading.. and started learning about this market.. only then I started to make some profits.. Now a days no matter how tricky the market goes, I can still finish my month with some profits :)
So what did you do in the last three years? I mean. You only started to learn about forex after three years? Secondly you say you are using indicators, softwares, signal etc. If in the last three years you are using that and loss then you actually don't use those things properly or you miss understand how to use it.

I don't recommend Naked trade as main strategy. I do use naked trade also but that's for me is more advance type of strategy and I know its awkward to say but the only reason a trader can master naked trade is because he gain good experience using those indicators and signals that you don't need to check those indicators anymore since you already familiar with the charts and the trends of particular pairs that you are trading.

For example me. I'm trading eight pairs right now. But I can trade in eur/usd and usd/cad without thinking the indicators and the signals anymore. But the six other pairs I still regularly use indicators and signals. Simply because eur/usd and usd/cad I'm trading this two pairs for the last 10 months compare to six new pairs that I'm only trading for the last two to three months. So that's why eur/usd/ and usd/cad pattern and trends is already too familiar to me that I can do naked trade with this two. I know that eur/usd has great support and resistance level for three months. And I know usd/cad has great support and resistance level for two months and if the pattern and trend chance I know right away that theirs something has chance in this two pairs. Unlike in other pairs that I'm trading that I still don't have enough experience to speak off.

teejes
11-21-2012, 10:05 AM
@faisalanwar,
Yeah! I agree with you. It all depends on the imput of the trader, and how much determined the trader is to rise to the top of his trading career. For me, I demo traded for about 6 months, and after then, I opened a live account, which took me about two weeks to start making an appreciable profit. That was really a learning phase in my trading life. In fact, while I was trading in my real account, I was also demo trading at the same time, in order to make some sort of comparison.

The lenght of time to become profitable for different traders will definitely differ. But the more passionate a trader is, and those who believe in being a perfect learner, and are thirsty for knowledge and also curious to discover the resent update in the forex market, will surely be the early birds to start earning profit. No two ways about it.

when you have a forex trading plan that involves clean price action strategies, and that is built on practical workable parameters and it suits your personal and financial requirements and you stick to it then your forex trading will become more enjoyable and more profitable, to become consistently profitable forex trader is must trade in demo acccount before trading forex in demo account and learn to fully plan your trades in their entirety and then trade that plan, prior preparation prevents poor performance, trading currencies in the forex market is certainly a profitable bussines if have enough trading skill.

andry777
11-21-2012, 10:30 AM
I think there is no exact rule about how long we should spend time to become professional trader who can gain consistent profit because each trader has different skill of trading, different target to reach and different money management. I think it's depending on each trader's setting on money management, goal setting, and analysis to each condition of market. The most important is keeping consistency on profit to make sure if we can gain profitable trader.

My suggestion, traders should be more focus on pips than dollars to reach in every transaction because the amount of profit would be improve if we increase lot size and if we can gain consistent profit so it's easier to improve the amount of profit. Generally, traders need about 2-3 years and oftenly more than 3 years to become professional traders.

maryamqaiser
11-21-2012, 12:29 PM
I think there is no exact rule about how long we should spend time to become professional trader who can gain consistent profit because each trader has different skill of trading, different target to reach and different money management. I think it's depending on each trader's setting on money management, goal setting, and analysis to each condition of market. The most important is keeping consistency on profit to make sure if we can gain profitable trader.

My suggestion, traders should be more focus on pips than dollars to reach in every transaction because the amount of profit would be improve if we increase lot size and if we can gain consistent profit so it's easier to improve the amount of profit. Generally, traders need about 2-3 years and oftenly more than 3 years to become professional traders.

i agree with you, i think this all depends on specific trader, if we talk about one trader we can say that this will this much time, every one has their own abilities to become successful in trading, some traders can learn even in some months and some can not for year, it als odepends on a persons serious ness ,some traders come into this field just for fun and they do not take is seriously, i personally observed this that most of the traders just do live trading and specially the scalpers they do trading for fun, if they make profit they are happy if not it also does not matters for them, i also agree that we must concentrate on our numbers of pips, but i think it also depends on our capital, in start we mostly invest a small amount in trading and then with time we increase our capital, which increases our profits and we can then use a big lot

uchennafx
11-21-2012, 01:42 PM
there is no specific time one needs to be profitable , one can spend years trading with the wrong strategy he would still be losing unless he unlearns and learn the right way. Time is not really what it take for us to be profitable in forex its about our trading plan and how well we know the market . For a newbie making profit takes a longer time because he has to learn and practice in demo before actually trading live account . That not withstanding if he works well he would be able to make more money in a shorter period than some on who has spent years trading the wrong way

Wajeeh93
11-21-2012, 02:14 PM
I don't think there is a specific time after which people would start making profits. If you are the kind of person who have learned forex trading properly and have practiced it well enough on the demo account before getting into the real account thing, then probably you would be able to make profits in a couple

of weeks. But if you are on the learning phase of forex trading, then most likely, that also if you are determined, it will take you at least a couple of months when finally you can start making profits with it. As far as I am concerned, it took me around 3 and a half month to get profitable with the forex business.

ryuken
11-21-2012, 11:28 PM
According to me it is enough time that we learn Forex trading in one year and become profitable.However the learning process is never end at any stage.The reason is simple that Forex trading is so flexible, that you not say sure any thing sure either you gain profit or loss.So your strategies and planing is change time to time with the market situation so that why you learning process is continue.So i think it is depend on the trader how much time he require to become profitable as well as the market situation and how much you luck is with you because some time luck play an important rule.
I don't think we can predict the time to make money and staying into the profit. I guess most of the time people are not aware of how the money is made. I guess it all comes down to how people are trading and how much money and skills they have got for the trading. Let us not forget that forex does have the point where success and the profit becomes subjective. If earning 50 bucks a day is your success then surely your success doesn't mean the same for others.

Some people get success early and some takes time for sure. I don't consider that forex is profitable for all of them. Also some of the traders never make it and lose money or quit the trading. So it is quite hard to figure out how the money is earned and how one is going to keep the streak more profitable for sure. I guess it all turns out to be different for everyone.

budado
11-22-2012, 01:25 AM
I read that some are trading for years and still not making money. Others I read that they end up making profit and big time after trading for a month. Although theirs no way I can verify the factual of their stats. But for to be profitable in forex its not about how long you spend in forex trading but how much you learn in forex trading.

Because its does not matter if you spend 10 years in forex trading if you don't learn anything about forex you will never going to succeed. Its like spending 10 years in college and still not graduated. lols. What matter is how fast you pick up learning in forex trading and how you can implement what you learn in demo and in real account that end up you making profit.

Me Its take me 2 months of losing before I make profit. But even if I make profit on the 5th month I got MC!. But since then I never get MC and I'm earning month after month in forex trading and I'm hoping that I will never going to get MC again.

riddick09
11-23-2012, 05:23 AM
@budado
Seriously? For years still not having profits or atleast withdrawn money in forex. That's kinda hard to believe. If that is taking years to still not have any profits then, they should have decided earlier to stop trading. I don't think it will take that long to continue on trading even not getting any profits that they can use for their daily expenses. Well, the normal thing for traders is that they will take few months or several months to make some profits and I also did that and that's what I have experienced.

It will not really take that long to make profits either you targeted small or huge profits. There should be times that we want to have profits which we don't have that great patience to not have winning trades for a long period of time.

sabbir4
02-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Now it is a knowledge base. If you have all the necessary knowledge about forex, then the dealer. A profit in its first commercial debut However, like most traders still generally Amateur when you really start to trade, withdraw the benefits for a time, but you soon learn to avoid losses from the field. Nobody has to teach these things to the dealer because each investor is willing. Some of your money by the end of the prescribed period.

ashik32
02-10-2013, 01:03 PM
I'm sure to become successful investor will be should have prolonged experience with buying and selling. But perchance in truths about how exactly lengthy it will require to become a lucrative Trader is dependent wholly done to you. It isn't highly recommended for that beginner broker to jump promptly into dealing without initial getting some essential Currency trading knowledge. You ought to study from probably the most revered on the net experts to help you get the best Currency trading education and learning. It's also advisable to leverage books in regards to the Fx market and also Forex currency trading strategy. Just like any other business, know-how has been the vital thing also to turn into a successful investor. You should provision yourself which has a top notch educational groundwork in the event you be prepared to accomplish succeed on market. Everybody can become a worthwhile trader because the Currency trading market could be the most significant market on this planet and in addition Forex trading is often an actual investment decision organization.

Razor1911
02-10-2013, 03:15 PM
@budado
Seriously? For years still not having profits or atleast withdrawn money in forex. That's kinda hard to believe. If that is taking years to still not have any profits then, they should have decided earlier to stop trading. I don't think it will take that long to continue on trading even not getting any profits that they can use for their daily expenses. Well, the normal thing for traders is that they will take few months or several months to make some profits and I also did that and that's what I have experienced.

It will not really take that long to make profits either you targeted small or huge profits. There should be times that we want to have profits which we don't have that great patience to not have winning trades for a long period of time.

I also think the if a trader face losses for such a huge time, then such trader will surely give up the forex. Can you imagine how much a trader can loss in a whole year? That's sounds awful if a trader still has the eagerness to earn profit.

But if a trader has the positive attitude, then rather than making trades in real account and facing loss, a trader can try to trade in demo account and as long as the trader is not making good result, the trader should keep on making trades in demo account.

In this way, a trader will improve their skills without even taking any risk or without loosing a single dime. But when a trader will trade with real money without any skills, then such trader will surely feel pressure while trading which will effect the trading experience.

gkintl
02-10-2013, 04:41 PM
The time period required for a beginner to succeed in forex trading depends on the dedication to learn and excel. There are traders who straight away make profit from forex trading without any kind of experience. There are traders who take a few months to learn forex trading before making it profitable. Finally there are traders who are unable to profit from trading for more than a year and then quit trading as a whole.

As far as I am concerned, I have not made any losses as a whole so far from trading activity. I started forex trading only five months back with a small capital of $100 and I have already withdrawn over 150% of the investment. I still grow my account at a healthy rate of 10% per week. This may be out of my experience in stock market trading. For a new comer into forex market, it may take a little longer to succeed.

ta8634
02-10-2013, 04:44 PM
There is a famous saying that practice makes a man perfect, so in order to be successfull in this business one should practice it alot. Initially people may find it difficult or boring but it is not that much difficult and boring. In short in oder to be successfull in this business one should try to be creative and different and last but not the least is to be consistent.

Natasha93
02-10-2013, 05:22 PM
In my opinion, Forex is too volatile and it will be impossible to be making constant profits in all your trades in forex. No matter your level of experience or skill in trading forex, you will surely loose in one trade or the other.The way most proffessional forex traders make money is they adopt so many strategies which they made over their experience. They manage the risks in forex to the bearest minimum and know how best to make general profits in forex.

dkarev
02-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Actually when i started trading Forex, i was hoping it something i can just get into and start making something from it but i got it little wrong,it took me more than 3 month before i can start making something from Forex,though i really don't have big capital in Forex for now as i still think am not ready yet to invest being in Forex.

despite the fact that i don't have something big in Forex, i still find it kinda difficult to deal with the emotion that do come a times when am in profit and that's why i haven't invest big in Forex,but with the little capital i have in their, i have being able to rise the money to some good amount and i hope to still rise the money further more.

genesis50
02-11-2013, 02:11 AM
@dkarev,
Yeah! That was an interesting experience. I think it is quite similar with mine. Though, in my own case, it actually took me about 6 months before I was able to make a reasonable profit that I was able to withdraw. But before then, I knew I was rising and falling in my trading experience. At times, I will make some good profit. But before I know, I will lose it. And this continues until I was about 6 months in my trades. I decided that any profit I make, will be withdrawn immediately.

When I started doing that, it kind of boosted my confidence, and I had no cause to worry any more. I decided that is what I will stick to. And I think it will be a good recommendation to whoever wants to gain mastery over his greed. Traders who are greedy, usually will not want to withdraw their profit, but will rather prefer to trade with it, so as to get more profit.

budado
02-11-2013, 07:22 AM
Actually when i started trading Forex, i was hoping it something i can just get into and start making something from it but i got it little wrong,it took me more than 3 month before i can start making something from Forex,though i really don't have big capital in Forex for now as i still think am not ready yet to invest being in Forex.

despite the fact that i don't have something big in Forex, i still find it kinda difficult to deal with the emotion that do come a times when am in profit and that's why i haven't invest big in Forex,but with the little capital i have in their, i have being able to rise the money to some good amount and i hope to still rise the money further more.
At least you are in profit. lols. Me on other hand I don't have any issue emotionally when I'm making profit. In fact I'm already making profit so why will I'm going to be emotional? I really don't see that point. But I guess each one of us has different reaction in making profit. But me the more profit I make the more confident I am. And I don't have any emotional issue if I make profit. But if I make loses that's a different story and I guess every body hate to loss.

But right now even I incur loses I don't feel much pressure. Simply because in the last eight months now I'm making profit each month. Although theirs some week/s that I incur loses. Over all each month if I total my profit and my loses I end up in profit still.

Razor1911
02-11-2013, 08:36 AM
@dkarev,
Yeah! That was an interesting experience. I think it is quite similar with mine. Though, in my own case, it actually took me about 6 months before I was able to make a reasonable profit that I was able to withdraw. But before then, I knew I was rising and falling in my trading experience. At times, I will make some good profit. But before I know, I will lose it. And this continues until I was about 6 months in my trades. I decided that any profit I make, will be withdrawn immediately.

When I started doing that, it kind of boosted my confidence, and I had no cause to worry any more. I decided that is what I will stick to. And I think it will be a good recommendation to whoever wants to gain mastery over his greed. Traders who are greedy, usually will not want to withdraw their profit, but will rather prefer to trade with it, so as to get more profit.

That must be the most happiest moment of a trader when he faces the first reasonable profit from the forex market. As most of the newbie faces tough time first, so when they will get some reasonable profits, then nothing will be better than that.

For me, it also took almost 4-5 Months to manage and adjust myself with the forex market and after that time a started to get some constant profits which was enough to indicate that i was making improvement.

But what more important is to make the profits consistently. A short time profit will not be counted if your loss are greater than profits, you should always maintain a good amount of profits consistently.

indieover
02-11-2013, 12:39 PM
That must be the most happiest moment of a trader when he faces the first reasonable profit from the forex market. As most of the newbie faces tough time first, so when they will get some reasonable profits, then nothing will be better than that.

For me, it also took almost 4-5 Months to manage and adjust myself with the forex market and after that time a started to get some constant profits which was enough to indicate that i was making improvement.

But what more important is to make the profits consistently. A short time profit will not be counted if your loss are greater than profits, you should always maintain a good amount of profits consistently.

Indeed it does not matter how much you would get at the start the important thing is that you would be consistent in your profit no matter how small is your profit. Once you are able to make consistent profit for few months then I would say that you would be able to aim for bigger profit.

I think making consistent profit in just 4 months is already a good work. You must work real hard for you earn consistently in just that short period of time. I think many traders do have a hard time managing to make consistent profit because they are just too in a hurry to be in a profit that they tend to lose more than to earn something from forex.

rexway
02-11-2013, 01:23 PM
Well Its all depend on the trader and how to go about that because for me Its almost took me up to six months before I started makng profit in the forex market this is very much true and real so the problem its now depend on the trader ability to learn and captive new things easyly.
Forex is not that easy so its take effort and hard work for any trader to make succees in this business for sure which am very much sure about that .
So forex market is the hardest and tough market for me but I will still have to add here for you that till now a trader who learn smartly will always do it first

kawsar mahmud
02-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Of course, a great common investor it requires quite a sometime to be profitable of course , if the actual speculator is just not affected individual and identified, they will drop out trading before these people started to be lucrative. The most beneficial technique to undertake should be to learn from no matter what blunders we all produce and also discuss the actual achievable brings about as well as sequences of our own losses upon boards so that we get more views on the way you can certainly change our own tactic, so we get backward in addition to re-launch a new approach. Once we retain mastering like this, there will be a larger possibility of succeeding more rapidly..

Taha Nizam
02-11-2013, 08:16 PM
I don't think we can predict the time to make money and staying into the profit. I guess most of the time people are not aware of how the money is made. I guess it all comes down to how people are trading and how much money and skills they have got for the trading. Let us not forget that forex does have the point where success and the profit becomes subjective. If earning 50 bucks a day is your success then surely your success doesn't mean the same for others.