PDA

View Full Version : Moving average cross-signal strategy

karan
11-30-2010, 03:19 AM
Indicator:

1)Moving Average(EMA 5,20,50,100) and (LWMA 240).
2)Two Custom Stochastic(5,3,3) and (5,3,3 period 240)
Moving average is good for knowing the trend

Analysis:
Its very simple strategy once 5 & 20 EMA cross, short term signal for either reversal or retracement signal can be provide that higher line cross more poweful signal goes. Higher EMA cross more clear trend.
Use stochastic(5,3,3 period 240) for knowing 240 entry/exit level and stochastic (5,3,3) for current period opening trade.

Example:
Date:30-11-2010
Pair Trade: EUR/USD
Time Frame:1 Hour

hongshui
12-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Oh,good article with the picture attached.You analysis have some reason.Moving average is good for knowing the trend,but if the market have great waving for a long time,the method is failure.Moving average use for the long-term is so good,if you are the veteran,you will be konw it!

Boniez
12-01-2010, 01:11 PM
yup karan, it is one strategy that is very simple but powerful enough, I also use this one strategy with the period EMA 40 and 20, but I also incorporate stohastic oscillator to be sure, almost the same as you did, but I still do not forget the parabolic SAR indicator which the most powerful trend indicators I think ;]

karan
12-02-2010, 06:00 AM
Oh,good article with the picture attached.You analysis have some reason.Moving average is good for knowing the trend,but if the market have great waving for a long time,the method is failure.Moving average use for the long-term is so good,if you are the veteran,you will be konw it!
By the way moving average can be use for any time frame as trade want to trade.Moving average can be used for any term long or short.
Please read the details more about moving average in helpful site..then argue with me about it.

yup karan, it is one strategy that is very simple but powerful enough, I also use this one strategy with the period EMA 40 and 20, but I also incorporate stohastic oscillator to be sure, almost the same as you did, but I still do not forget the parabolic SAR indicator which the most powerful trend indicators I think ;]
Yes boniez you write about parabolic SAR also,but i prefer to use MA only because parabolic SAR will not tell all type of trend..its shows only down or up.

SilverKnight
12-02-2010, 06:54 AM
I have tried those settings EMA 5,20 on 1Minute chart for scalping.
But i didn't find so profitable.Cause there are lots of ups and down,whipsaw thing which simple kills the trade.
I am fed up with ema cross now.I didn't use it much.May be i need better settings to avoid such whipsaw.How about EMA (5,35) & Stoch (14,3,3) with default SAR.
Not sure,any view needed.

karan
12-02-2010, 06:28 PM
I have tried those settings EMA 5,20 on 1Minute chart for scalping.
But i didn't find so profitable.Cause there are lots of ups and down,whipsaw thing which simple kills the trade.
I am fed up with ema cross now.I didn't use it much.May be i need better settings to avoid such whipsaw.How about EMA (5,35) & Stoch (14,3,3) with default SAR.
Not sure,any view needed.
silverknight you need to open trade using stochastic entry exit.For example stochastic line is cross at 80 level or already went down open,then open sell and vice versa for buy at 20 level.
Generally MA lines cross use for confirmation of the trend,so its important use..
You can use any settings,but indicator that i mention use that one only.