80% bonus

Risk warning: Forex, spread bets and CFDs are high risk and losses can exceed your investment.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to Install Metatrader Indicators

imported_johanerik14 Guest

How to Install Metatrader Indicators

Lot of newbie users ask me about how to install indicators in Metatrader. The following guide will help you to get your indicators working for sure

1. First of all, remember there are 2 possible formats (extensions), .mq4 (source code) and .ex4 (compiled version of the code).
    2. Copy the mq4/ex4 file into your C:\Program Files\<MetaTrader 4 folder>\experts\indicators folder. If you can't find that folder or have problems copying the file, remember to execute Windows Explorer with Administrator rights.
    3. Close your MetaTrader application (assuming it's currently open... if not just ignore this step)
    4. Launch MetaTrader. On the left hand side, look for the "Navigator" window. If you can't find it go to View->Navigator menu or press Ctrl+N.
    5. Under the Navigator tree, look into the "Custom Indicators" directory
    6. Locate the indicator which you have just downloaded into the folder in Step 2
    7. Click and drag the indicator onto the chart
    8. Then you got it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I often add indicator in MT4 trading platform but rarely mq4 file that work. I also have done it according to instructions, but still can't. however, if I add ex4 file, its work. so I am still not clear how to add mq4 and make it work in MT4. any advice for me?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by standart View Post
    I often add indicator in MT4 trading platform but rarely mq4 file that work. I also have done it according to instructions, but still can't. however, if I add ex4 file, its work. so I am still not clear how to add mq4 and make it work in MT4. any advice for me?
    do you mean that the script itself is not working.?? some of them are are in wrong code thats why the mt4 cannot read it.. or is not compatible with the metatrader itself depending on the version you have use in your computer. just find another indicator that is similar and delete the one that is not working
    Profit Clicking - Earn 2% Daily

+ Reply to Thread